Dobby's rather quirky house

There was a house that no one dared to enter, in the afterlife. There were a few primary reasons, of course, why they didn't even touch it with a stick. The first was that if they did touch it with a stick, it would probably fall down. The second was that they couldn't fit through the door and the third was that they were truly terrified of what was inside.

See, Dobby had had plenty of time in the Afterlife to do what he loved. Making things, especially for the people he cared for.

So he'd built that house. Or rather, he'd made the house. By knitting.

The entirety of the house was knitted, from wool that had come from the large stocks of old ladies (whom were very happy to gift it to Dobby once he explained his large challenge). And, to increase the enormity of the situation, the majority of the objects inside were knitted too.

The only person who had dared to enter was Lily Potter, for her son was much like her when it came to treating people different from her with kindness and acceptance. She'd seen that he'd been there for Harry, and that was all she'd needed to see. This house had taken Dobby's time and effort and so she would tour it like she was planning to move in.

Dobby was naturally ecstatic when it came to meeting Lily and James, for he'd "heard great things from everyone, Mr and Mrs Potter, including Harry. And it was only natural that he became close with the other Marauders, as they'd been dear friends to Harry as well.

But it was much the same as when he was alive. Dobby had many people in the Afterlife that loved him, including a club for knitting that he would attend weekly, so he wasn't around constantly. He would pop in for an hour or so, just to catch up, and then pop off to do something crazy with another guy. Occasionally he would stay and watch Harry with them, like when Ginny and Harry were first naming and looking after James, but he would soon flit off into the unknown, promising he'd bring socks back for them.

The Marauders didn't mind too much. After all, they did have eternity.