First day of school

Today was Harry's first ever day at school. Muggle school.

Great.

He wasn't excited, he was downright miserable. He was going to the same school as none other than his tormenter, Dudley Dursley.

Excellent. James could see form the look on his face that Harry was scared, because Dudley was that boy, the boy who would go to any lengths to completely shatter your social status.

By the time the day was over, Harry would be ruined.

Sure, many of the students might at first see a kind, small boy, an orphan who is alone. And then they are introduced to his cousin, who communicates that Harry is different, not normal.

And that's exactly how it went.

Harry trudged into school behind Dudley and Petunia, jumper hanging loosely off his frame and trousers rolled up, whereas Dudley stood with clothes that were designer and perfectly fitted, and he resembled a Mommy's boy. Harry looked like someone from off of the streets.

But his attitude changed when he saw his teacher.

She was lovely, with blonde hair and kind green eyes. Her name was Miss Glade, and she noticed Harry immediately when he sat down on the desk furthest away from his cousin.

Dudley was almost instantly surrounded by people - he had that kind of me me me aura about him, that's what Harry hated.

Miss Glade approached Harry

"Hey, what's your name?" Miss Glade asked. Harry looked up with big eyes, watery and sad.

"Harry. Harry Potter."

"Is that your cousin over there?"

"Yes, Miss. But he doesn't like me...because of my parents."

"What about your parents?" Miss Glade asked softly.

"He says my parents weren't normal. He isn't wrong, but not normal is mean. They were different."

"What do you mean by different?"

"They did magic with me."

"Magicians?"

"No, Miss. They were a wizard and a witch. And my godfather Padfoot gave me a flying car for my birthday...I don't have it anymore."

"What happened to your parents?"

"They died. Aunt Petunia says it was a car crash, but it wasn't. There was a green flash of light that killed them. I dreamt about it, it wasn't very nice. Every time it tries to kill me too."

"Oh." Miss Glade walked away, smiling awkwardly and heading over to the other pupils.

"That's my cousin there. The one who is alone. He's called Harry, but don't talk to him. He's odd, strange. He is not like you and I. He's not normal." Dudley pointed at him. Harry slunk down in his seat, a tear trickling down his face. The gang laughed.

And the day only got worse from there. Harry, James tried hard not to get angry, didn't make any friends because of that Dudley.

James created long, arduous ways that he could torture Vernon Dursley, the least painful of which was execution.

The worst was something that made sense only in James' head, with a series of complicated, internal diagrams and drawings.

Harry's day was spent alone. Even his teacher looked at him oddly as Dudley described Harry to her. The words 'odd' 'weird' and 'strange' floated around the classroom.

Harry Potter was alone.

James cursed life, why had Voldemort have to kill them? Why did Harry have to be so alone? Why was Padfoot in jail, why? What was actually going right with this world now?

He hoped it would change, he hoped someone would take control. He didn't care who it was, he just hoped that the wizarding world could be stable for his little boy.