1

Paris's POV

"Mom this is so stupid" I said as I tried on a different dress.

"No its not honey. It will be fun. Its a ball.. And who knows.. Maybe you will find a friend.."She trailed off and I rolled my eyes.

"I doubt it. And whenever we go to these things I hate it mom. It makes me feel all rich and snobby" I said

"Honey we are rich." She said

"But I don't like people knowing that. Its like they expect more when you are rich" I said taking that dress off and getting a new one. This one was blue and white. (dress above)

I slip it on and look at myself in the mirror.

"I'mma go with this one mom" I tell her and she tells me okay.

I change back into my normal clothes and then we buy that dress.

Then we have to go to get my hair done, my nails done, and my makeup. Honestly I don't even like wearing makeup but my mom always makes me for these things.

After like three hours, I just had to put on the dress and the shoes and then I would be ready.

Once I was all ready, dressed and all, along with my mom also being ready, we left to go to the ball that my mom's friend was hosting.

It was about a thirty minute drive and once we get there it was around 8.

"How long are we going to be here?"I asked as we got out of the car.

"Midnight" She replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Lighten up Paris. There is food" She said and I sighed and nodded.

We walk into the giant house and are met with many, many people.

Someone comes and greets my mother and I just walk around, trying to find someone carrying food.

Once I do, I grab a handful of the shrimp thingies and continued walking.

I walk into the ballroom and see people dancing, couples, and some people just standing and talking. Old and young people.

After about an hour of wandering around, I make my way back to the ballroom and my eyes scan the room and were soon met with another pair of eyes. Once we locked eyes, neither of us looked away, him across the room from me.

He stood up straighter and made his way towards me, me slowly walking towards him, feeling oddly attracted to him.

Once we had finally gotten to eachother he looks down at me, a small smile on his face.

"You look like cinderella" He said, a bigger smile coming onto his face, making me laugh.

"She's a princess." I stated

"And you aren't?" He asked.

"Not even close." I replied.

Someone bumps into me, causing me to fall into his chest, making me blush as he caught me, his arms on my waist.

"You good?" He asked and I took a small step back and nodded, looking up to his eyes.