The Perfect Plan?

Jughead POV - "We have to go to the police." Archie said firmly, handing Betty her phone. Veronica sat next to him, biting her lip, a look of worry plastered on her face. "They have no idea who the killer is." Kevin sighed, head in hands,. Betty looked deep in thought, not really paying attention to what anyone was saying. "Well at least they'd protect her.." Veronica joined in, causing everyone to nod in agreement, except Betty, who still wasn't listening. "Betty? You ok?" Archie asked cautiously, placing a hand on her shoulder."What? Oh, sorry. I was just thinking... It doesn't matter." she shook her head, unwrapping her sandwich and taking a bite. "No, go on Betty." I encouraged her, knowing that she had an idea. She sighed, placing her lunch down. "I was going to say.. We all have an idea who the killer might be, or who helped them. Whoever the killer or accomplice is, they might still have to phone on them. So I say we all pay them a visit. Not all at once though, it'll raise suspicion. I'll call the phone, and if we're right, it'll ring right in front of us." Everyone thought for a moment, and Veronica began to nod, but I wasn't convinced. "If we are right, it's going to be very dangerous, plus, chances are they will have discarded it."

"It's the best chance we have." Veronica assured me, and Betty nodded along. They were right. If our suspicions are correct about the murderer, they could be arrested and Betty would be safe, and that is all I could ever want.

In the Blue and Gold room, we all sat in a circle, pens and paper in hand. "So we all write our prime suspect for the murder, or an accomplice, and we read them out anonymously ok?" Betty said, and everyone nodded. After two minutes, all the names were in the bowl,and it was my job to read them out. "Cheryl Blossom... ok. Ms Grundy. Wow, didn't expect that one. Clifford Blossom. Betty's dad."I glanced at her to see her close her eyes and bite her lip.Immediately, I placed my hand on hers reassuringly. "And last we have...My dad." I couldn't decide how I felt about that one.  I wanted to believe there was hope for him, but knowing that at least one person thought he played some part in Jason's murder made me wonder, is my dad capable of something like that? "So," Betty took charge, sensing my discomfort, "I'll take my dad, Jughead, you do yours, Veronica, I think you'll be best for Cheryl. As for Ms Grundy, she's kinda out of town so... let's just rule her out for now. That leaves Clifford. I'm thinking I should phone Polly about that one.."

The plan was perfect. Sure, there are plenty reasons why it wouldn't work, but if we were right, and they still kept the phone, Betty would be safe by tomorrow.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

A.N - Hello again! I decided to write 3 chapters today to get the story running. Make sure you vote and comment :)