The Call

Archie POV - Now that we knew that Sheriff Keller may be closing in on Betty's location, we had no time to spare. We had spent the day at Ronnie's house, going through ever piece of information we had over and over again, looking for something, anything, to link a person to Jason Blossom's murder. Six cups of coffee later, we still had nothing. My anger level was at breaking point, and I just wanted to yell. "This is getting us nowhere!" I shouted, slamming the papers in my hands down into the table. Neither of my friends respond to my outburst, but what was there to say? Certainly nothing that would comfort me.

Jughead POV - My body was drained. I can't remember the last time I properly slept, or ate. Nothing made sense, there was no lead, not one. Whoever this was, they were clever. I could fully understand Archie's anger, but I was too exhausted to let it out the way he had. As I was ready to give up, Veronica's home phone started ringing, and as neither me or Archie attempted to move to get it, she got up herself to answer it. The moment she picked it up, the colour drained from her tanned face. It was a short call, no more than 30 seconds, but Ronnie looked like she had been stabbed in the stomach. Dropping the phone, she collapsed to the floor in a fit of tears. Immediately, Archie stood to help her, but she pushed him away, and climbed to her feet. "They found a body." She managed.

I couldn't describe that moment, or the feeling I experienced. No words could come close. Imagine the one thing in your life that you treasure most, the thing that without, you wouldn't be you, your centre - if you take it away your whole body shatters up. Now imagine that you loose it forever. That's the only way I could describe it.

"Is it-" the red-headed boy couldn't finish his sentence, but he didn't need to. "I don't - they didn't say, only that they found a body and we need to go there now." She answered quickly before grabbing the nearest coat and pulling it on her shaking shoulders. We followed suit, not a word escaping our jammed throats.

And now we wait.

A.N - I know it's quite short, but I wanted to get this up ASAP. This is not a flash forward - this is real time so... You will find out Betty's fate in the next chapter, I promise.