Unanswered Questions

Jughead POV - I paced the corridors of the hospital ward, waiting for them to let me in to see Betty, who was having all the checks this hospital offered being done on her. Hal and Alice were the only ones allowed in for now, as immediate family. Archie was in the cafe, with Veronica, who was still in a state of shock, I mean, who wouldn't be? I couldn't imagine how she was feeling right now, not knowing whether to be distraught that her father was dead or furious because he was responsible for the abduction of her best friend. Why he was there, however, had still to be answered. No one had any idea why a rich man like Hiram Lodge would get his hands dirty when he had two South Side Serpents doing his bidding. The only one who might hold the answer to that question was Betty Cooper. 

"Mr Jones? Mr Jones..." Lost in my thoughts, I couldn't hear the nurse talking. "Jughead?" I snapped back to reality, and mumbled an apology. "You can see her now." I flew past her, down the corridor to room B26, where a certain Cooper sat up in her hospital bed, reading "Forever" by Judy Blume, her favourite novel. I'm pretty sure she's read it at least six times, but every time she does, she has this light smile on her face that could melt butter. It's actually rather intriguing, so I stood leant again the door frame as she flicked through the pages. When it reached the point that it was starting to be a little creepy, I spoke up, "Hey you." Her eyes twinkled when she saw me, and she set down her book. I leant down and kissed her loft lips, before the nurse coughed, reports in hand. Sighing, I straightened up to face her. "We've got the results back, and we've already told Betty's parents. They went to get food. Basically it's what you would generally expect, excessive dehydration,  malnourishment-" But Betty cut her off, unusually sarcastic in the way she spoke, glaring at the nurse in question. "Yeah well, I don't think cooking up a meal for me was top of their priority list. Can't you just get me a burger and milkshake from Pop's and then I can go home?" 

"Betts, you were missing for weeks. It's not as simple as having a bite to eat and going home. You need to be looked after by doctors." 

"I don't want to stay here, having people treading on eggshells around me. I want to go home and go back to school. I want a normal life. Is that so much to ask?" I sighed at her frustration, and entwined our fingers. Of course I understood how she was feeling, I would hate this too if I was in her situation. "For now, yes. You can go home after the doctors are one hundred percent sure you are in good health. I just got you back, I'm not putting you in any more danger." She smiled slightly at my words, as a sign of understanding. "But if you want to ever get out of here, you've got to tell us what happened."

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

A.N - This book just 3K reads! Thank you to everyone, especially the group of people who vote and comment on every chapter, I wouldn't be able to do it without you.

Shout out to the amazing  @KevinHottieKeller (It wont let my link it sorry aha)

Who posted some heart warming words on my recent chapters, love you girl <3 They have just started a brand new Riverdale book so go check it out!