Confrontations

Veronica POV - Believe it or not, Chuck Clayton was still attending school. You'd think that if you'd kidnapped a classmate you wouldn't be strolling round the halls acting like you didn't have a care in the world. It was a pretty crazy idea to waltz into school after my best friend was abducted and accuse someone of it, but I wasn't going to let that sexual harasser/potential murderer get away with what he did. For the first time since Betty's disappearance I got into bed and tried to sleep, hoping to get some sort of rest before I faced the music of going to school. After 5 hours of attempting to doze off, I gave up. Pulling on a skirt and blouse, I headed out of my house at 4am, careful not to wake my mother, who had no trouble sleeping despite everything her daughter was going through. Seeing as school didn't start for another 5 hours, I decided to head to Pop's, where I knew Jughead would be. No matter what I was going through, it didn't compare to him. As I approached the door, Pop was no where to be seen, so I assumed that he had left Jug alone for a while. However, when I opened the glass door, I saw Jughead sat on the floor, head resting against his booth, crying his eyes out. "Oh god Jughead." I gasped, hurrying over to him. He acknowledged me but didn't seise to stop sobbing, even as I wrapped my arms around his shaking shoulders. "I saw her... I saw Betty." He choked, distraught. Deciding not to comment, I just continued to hug him, feeling hot tears rolling down my tanned cheeks. There was nothing I could say to make him feel better. There was nothing I could do, except get Betty back.

Ignoring the 100 pairs of eyes on me, I marched down the Riverdale high hallway, ablaze with uncontrollable anger. My eyes scanned each face, looking for a certain kidnapping douchebag. Eventually I entered the lunch room, and right across the room stood Chuck Clayton. He gave me a smirk, tray of food in hand. In that moment, I thought of all the things he had done to me and my friends. The book, what he did to Ethel, and me, Jughead's party, and now he was responsible for the kidnap of my best friend. At this point I was ready to explode with anger, and I ran full force at Chuck, flipping the tray out of his hands sending food flying across the floor. My hands forced him back into the wall, wrapping around his muscled neck. He looked surprised at my strength, but obviously I had caught him unawares, because he could obviously beat the hell out of me if he tried. "What's up with you V?" Chuck yelled, as crowds of people gathered around us, several of them taking out phones to record me. "Don't act like you don't know you arrogant dick!" I spat at him, before kneeing him in the privates, causing him to groan in pain and sink to the floor. "Tell me where the hell Betty is!" I shouted, causing him to tense up a little. "And don't try to lie, I know you hired the serpents to look after your phone and hurt her." My heel dug into his neck and I pressed his head against the bottom of the wall.
"I...I don't know what you're talking about you dumb bitch!" He tried to yell, but it came out raspy due to the shoe I had in his neck. My rage increased, and I jabbed the heel further into his skin. "Okay! Okay! I'll tell you what you want to know! Just not here." He choked. Releasing him, I stood up straight and adjusted my skirt.
"Pop's, midnight, be there or we go straight to the cops." And with that, I turned and left the school. Perhaps Betty's return was closer than we thought. Perhaps she was already dead.

A.N - I am never going to recover from that finale. I'll post an author's note to discuss the episode so if you haven't watched it don't click on it 😂