Chapter 1: Preparation

It is another boring day in school for Lelouch vi Britannia, a prince of the Britannian empire. He is the 17th in line heir to the throne but he gave up his entitlement since he isn't interested in ruling over the empire.

He changes in his school uniform and didn't bother eating breakfast, instead, he immediately heads to his own car and goes to school, Ashford Academy.

Upon arriving at the school campus, the girls stop whatever they are doing and stare at Lelouch as he walks in the hallway.

"What's with that frown on your face early in the morning?" Suzaku asks Lelouch upon catching up on him.

"It's boring here. I never understood the reason why we should come to school five times a week. It's just a waste of time," Lelouch replied. "Ow!!" he winced when someone hit him on his side.

"A student like you shouldn't be saying things like that," Shirley says while holding her books. "If only you do away from gambling and take your studies seriously, you could get into a good college school. Don't be an easygoing student, Lulu."

"Shirley, you've been telling him that countless times but he won't listen," says Suzaku, Lelouch's best friend.

"You call chess gambling? Huh, it's much better rather than sitting the whole day in a room listening to a boring lecture," Lelouch replies.

"Don't be such an arrogant brat, silly," says Milly Ashford as she puts her arm around Lelouch's shoulder. "As the vice-president of the school, you should help the president which is me in planning the school festival next month."

"Yeah, the school festival is almost near. I wonder what my class is going to do," Suzaku says.

"You can do that by yourself, Milly. And I am only a vice-president in name," Lelouch counters.

As the bell rings, all students went in their respective classrooms. Just like Milly said, their school festival is already upcoming, thus, each class starts to discuss what they are going to do in preparation for the festival.

"Lelouch, wake up!!! We have to cooperate in this event especially that we're members of the Student Council," Shirley says to the sleeping raven-haired guy.

Lelouch opens his eyes and looks at Shirley. "What do we gain from doing such activity? Do tell me. In details if possible," he says.

"Good question, vice-president. To motivate students who aren't cooperative, we have to have a competition and the winner will get a great reward. The details will be announced tomorrow morning," said Milly with a smirk while looking at Lelouch.

"Is she going to involve Lelouch as part of the great prize she's talking about?" Shirley thought with a worried look while staring at the guy beside him.

"What's the matter?" asked Lelouch as he notices the sudden change of Shirley's expression.

"Nothing. I'm fine," she replied.

Classes ended early than usual for the preparation of the festival. The Student Council gathered up in the private room in the school for their meeting.

"Since the vice-president, Lelouch, asked what one could gain in this festival, I came up with an idea to motivate the uncooperative students like him. We all know that Lelouch is popular among the girls so the great prize is a kiss from the prince. And as for the boys, they will have the chance to date the girl they like," Milly explained with a grin plastered on her face.

"Wait, what?!" Lelouch and Shirley yelled at the same time.

"Don't complain, Lelouch. This is the only way you could help in this event. And Shirley, you aren't excluded in the competition so there's a chance for you to kiss Lelouch," Milly said.

"W-why would I ki-kiss him?!" Shirley defended while looking away with red cheeks.

"Hey, is it that wrong for me to kiss you?" Lelouch asked casually which made Shirley blush like hell.

"O-of course, it is!!" she replied and shut the door closed. "What the hell are you saying Lelouch?!! Of course, I would like to receive a kiss from you."

"I have to go," Lelouch said before preparing to leave. "Do whatever you want in the festival."

"That goes without you saying," Milly said with an evil grin.

"Shirley does like my brother, doesn't she?" Nunally, Lelouch's younger sister, said with a smile.

"You're right," Rivalz said.

"Let's continue with the meeting," Milly interrupted their conversation. "The competition will be a treasure hunt. Since the price is high, it won't be easy. And now, each clue would be a riddle and they must answer it in order to reach the treasure."

"Milly, what will be the treasure?" asked Rivalz.

"Huh, that would be a secret for now," replied the president.