Finale

10 years have passed after the war between the royalties and the Black Knights. Japan has finally got its name back and the Japanese regained their true freedom and their independence from the Britannian Empire.

"I, Princess Cornelia, officially announce the independence of Japan from the Empire of Britannia."

Princess Cornelia was the representative of the Britannian Empire to officially give the freedom of Japan. Within those ten years, Britannian Empire had rebuilt Japan from the destruction it has caused from the war. And that time as well, the geass power that was holding the princess was now removed by the caster, Lelouch.

The power to rule over Japan was divided among the loyal Japanese who had served their country. Most of the Britannians migrated back to their own countries and only few are left in Japan. Zero's identity had remained to the Black Knights only. CC had erased Shirley's memories involving Zero's identity.

The Black Knights are now given the freedom to choose what they wanted to do. As for Suzaku, he requested CC to remove his geass power which was successfully done when the World of Memories was restored back into its normal state.

"Lelouch," Kallen called out upon seeing him on the busy streets.

Lelouch turned back and smiled at her.

"You've grown too much," he said which earned him a whack on the head.

"You don't have to say that," Kallen said with a blush. "Anyway, how's it going with you and Shirley?"

"We're doing fine, I guess," Lelouch replied. "She has been busy in her work as well. We actually haven't seen each other for months."

"I see," Kallen simply responded. "How's CC?"

Lelouch was quiet for a while before answering with a sad smile.

"She hasn't returned yet," he replied. Kallen sensed the change of mood so she simply held his shoulder.

"She'll come back before you know it," Kallen said before taking her leave.

CC has left Japan for almost 8 years. She simply said she'll venture for a few days before leaving. She has not left any other clue on where she has gone to and she said to never look for her for she will come back herself.

Nunally, who is now in college, excels in academics and is also well-known in their campus. Lelouch felt satisfied with the result of his war.

"I'll be home tomorrow," Shirley said on the phone call with Lelouch.

"That's great," Lelouch replied. "I'll fetch you at the airport."

"Okay," Shirley replied. "Lulu, cook for me. I missed your dishes."

"Yeah, yeah," Lelouch replied.

"Is that CC?" asked Nunally who had overheard their conversation.

"No, it's Shirley. She'll come home tomorrow," Lelouch replied.

"When will CC come back?" asked the college girl.

"Who knows," was simply the response of Lelouch for he doesn't know the answer as well.

Lelouch went on his room and faced his computer once more. He has been managing their business online and has never gone to his office, he has made Suzaku as his proxy whenever it was needed. While browsing on some of the reports submitted by his employees, a message suddenly came through.

"Intruding."

That was the only word he read before a blinding light has engulfed him. When he opened his eyes, he saw CC with the sigil of the geass glowing red on her forehead. She is also wearing her usual straitjacket just like before. He realized that they are inside the World of Memories.