Chapter 12: Knightmare Frame Gawain

"We will ambush Cornelia's army at the bridge connecting the west coast to the Capital. Neil and C.C, you take care of Guilford. Roku and Shio, you take care of Jeremiah. Haru, Travis, Leo and  Hiro will deal with the other knightmare frames. I will deal with Cornelia myself," said Zero to the Black Knights. " Kallen, I will leave you to pilot the Gawain."

"Got it," replies Kallen.

"We will commence our attack when Cornelia is at the middle of the bridge. We must make sure not to have a single scratch to the Gawain. If someone is piloting the knightmare frame, C.C, I will let you take care of that for me," Zero added.

"Sure thing," C.C responded. "Kallen, you must be alert at all times since you will be the pilot of that Knightmare Frame."

"I know that without you telling me," Kallen replied as she rolls her eyes in irritation.

"That's all for now. I will give orders during the attack so be alert at all times," said Zero.

C.C heads to the elevator to take her leave when Zero noticed her.

"Oi, where do you think you're going?" he asks.

"I'm going back since I'm sleepy," the witch replied. "I will wait for you back there."

The witch smirks before the elevator closes. Her words left some misunderstanding with the Black Knights.

"That girl, doing whatever she wants," Zero commented.

"Aren't you having some favoritism here? You're letting that woman does what she wants when we're having an important matter to discuss," Kallen retorted with anger.

"Just let her be. She can be relied upon and she has the biggest task tomorrow so please let her off the hook for now," replied Zero.

Kallen simply clicked her tongue before going to her quarters.

"You also rest well. Tomorrow will be a long day," said Zero before taking his leave.

"I am sure that those two live under the same roof," said Roku.

"No doubt about it," Travis agreed.

"Don't you think Kallen is always moody whenever she's with C.C?" Neil asks.

"Hahahaha, I bet she doesn't like her much," Shio replies.

"Is this a love triangle?" Neil said.

"Let's just go and rest," Haru said. They all head to their own quarters and had their rest.

C.C who has slept early wakes up at dawn and finds Lelouch still fast asleep at the couch. She goes to the shower and wears her straitjacket after.

When she's ready, Lelouch wakes up and sees her at his bed eating her pizza.

"Hurry up, boya," she says.

"You're unexpectedly early today," Lelouch counters as he sits down to fully wake up.

"Who do you think made me do it?" asks the immortal witch.

After some time, the two depart and head to the headquarters. Upon arriving, the Black Knights are already prepared. Each of them pilots their own Knightmare Frames. They head to the bridge where they will ambush the Britannian Army. Neil implanted bombs under the bridge before they all went to their positions. When the sun rises, the Britannian Army and the Gawain is already on sight.

"Get ready to attack after the bombs explode," Zero orders. "We will have the Gawain, sister."

Princess Cornelia is on the lead and Guilford is right beside her. Zero sees a familiar knightmare frame that he didn't take into account.