Chapter 18: The Clash in the Britannian Hall

When morning falls, Lelouch immediately heads to the headquarters and locks himself in his quarters.

"What if we fail to save her? Should I really let her be if that happens? Why did they capture her? Who is she really? All I know is she's a witch who grants a person geass. What else? Why did she erase my memories? Darn it!!" Lelouch thought. His mind is filled with doubts and his hands start to tremble. "I have never thought that she could be captured. I have relied on her too much that I couldn't compose myself without her. I should get her back no matter what."

While he's still confused and fear starts to control him, he felt someone holds his hands.

"You should learn to lean onto someone when you're afraid," Kallen says as she tightens her grip on Zero's hands when she felt that he's still shaking.

"Kallen," he whispers which made Kallen's heart skip a beat.

What Zero did next surprised Kallen. He took off his mask and she sees a troubled and confused Lelouch. Kallen freezes for a while due to shock and she even got nervous when Lelouch leans on her shoulder. She comes back to her senses when she felt his hands still trembling. Kallen took a deep breath and hugs Zero.

"What the heck? Zero and Lelouch are only one person? That annoying Lelouch is Zero? And why is my heart beating fast?" Kallen thought. "But even if Lelouch is Zero, he's still Zero, our leader, who needs someone to lean on when he's scared. But is he scared that he might not be able to see C.C again? Is C.C his girlfriend?"

"Zero, are you afraid that C.C might not be saved?" she asks but Zero only tightens his grip on her hand. "I don't know why you're so scared to lose her but you should know that the Black Knights are here to help you achieve your goals. And I am here,too. Even if I couldn't be on the same level as her, I can still help you in my own way."

On the other hand, Prince Schneizel, Prince Clovis and Princess Cornelia visit the witch once again. But this time, C.C is fully awake.

"C.C, am I right?" asks Prince Schneizel.

"Yes," replies C.C. "Would you mind telling me why you captured me?"

"Well, I read that you hold the power of geass. And you were also an immortal witch being experimented on decades ago," replies the prince. "And there's a possibility that you have given Zero the power of geass."

"It seems my records here are still around. But why would I grant Zero the power of kings?" asks the witch. "He doesn't have the qualification to be granted one."

"How am I supposed to believe the words coming from you?" asks Prince Schneizel. "If you're trying to deceive me, it's not working. Now, tell me where Zero is hiding before I will burn you over and over again."

"If you think that my words aren't true, then what's the use of asking me,then?" C.C replies. She feels the restraints burning her and her blood starts to drip on the floor.

"Before you get burned without regenerating, tell me the whereabout of Zero," Prince Schneizel demanded.

"I do not know," replies the witch and the restraints are burning her skin even more.

She is interrogated the whole day but they didn't get any answer from her. C.C's wounds are deep but they're healing,though, it's only little by little. As the moon shines bright at the dark sky, Zero and the Black Knights are ready to attack. The royalties have gone home but Suzaku, Kurt, Guilford and Jeremiah are still on guard.

"The princes and the princess have gone home. Lancelot, Kurt and Jeremiah are on guard," Neil reported.

"Good," says Zero. "Make your move when we attack."