Chapter 22: Northern Island of Japan

"You fools!! Why'd you let those rebels get C.C?!!" Prince Schneizel snapped upon arriving at the laboratory which is now in a complete mess.

"We deeply apologize, Your Highness," one of the army says. "It was sudden and we couldn't go against the Gawain."

"You useless people!! Get out!!" the prince yells out. "Damn it!! I've never thought that Zero would take this chance to attack."

"Schneizel," Prince Clovis says. "It seems Zero had a talk with Princess Euphemia before she massacred the Japanese."

"What do you mean?" asks the prince.

"Look at this video. It was recorded before Zero destroyed it," replies Prince Clovis as he showed his brother a video of Zero entering at Princess Euphemia's room.

"Could it be that he has convinced the princess in doing the massacre?" Prince Clovis asks.

"That's nearly impossible," says Princess Cornelia. "She won't do such a thing that would stain the Britannia family. She is also not the type of person who would kill a person, he may be faulty or not."

"We couldn't just tell everyone that Zero has done something with this matter with the lack of evidence we have," Prince Schneizel says. "It would be even harder to take him down now that he has gained the support of the Elevens. Plus, he has taken C.C back."

"Now that he has taken her, I'm sure he won't be making any move sooner," says Princess Cornelia. "Anyway, I will be leaving Area 11 (Japan) for a while since I will be going abroad for some business."

"Same here. Prince Clovis, this matter will be left under your care until we come back," says Prince Schneizel before leaving with Princess Cornelia.

"Could it be that Zero really has geass just like Schneizel predicted? But how are we supposed to know it with lack of evidence?" Prince Clovis thought while watching the video again.

Black Knight's Headquarters...

Zero is with C.C in his quarters since he has something to discuss with the witch. He took off his mask and looks at C.C with both of his eyes having the geass.

"Would you explain why this happened?" he asks.

"It happens to every geass user. The time will come when it permanently activates. It's an inevitable case," says C.C. "Open your eyes without blinking."

Lelouch just follows her order without any questions. C.C puts on some contact lenses which would help in sealing off his geass when he won't use it.

"That would help you," she says. "You must have given Euphemia an offhand command in doing the massacre. You seem to be really helpless and reckless when I was away."

"It seems you're right," Lelouch whispers, admitting it has been hard for him to handle such situations without her. C.C is taken aback with Lelouch's sudden acceptance of being in a state of helplessness. She stares at him with awe.

"What?" Lelouch asks. C.C didn't say anything, instead she wraps her arms around him. They stayed like that for a while without saying a word. After a while, C.C lets go and stares at him once again.

"You revealed to Kallen that you're Lelouch, am I right?" she asks.

"Yeah," replies Lelouch. "It was kind of easier for me to take action and move around when she has known my real identity."

"Ah, it seems she had comforted you when you were scared like a cat," teased C.C. "She must be happy."

"Shut up, witch," says Lelouch who is now annoyed for being easily read by the immortal witch.