Chapter 8: Zero's Return

While eating her pizza, C.C's attention is diverted to Lelouch's phone. She looks at the caller ID and it's Milly calling so she answers since Lelouch is currently in the shower.

"Hello," she says before taking a bite on her pizza.

"Cecile?" Milly states, shocked. "Are you perhaps with Lelouch right now?"

"He's in the shower," C.C replies and she hears the gasps at the background at the other side of the phone.

"Is that so? Please tell him to come early tomorrow for the preparation of the games," Milly requested with a smirk on her face.

"Of course. Is there anything else?" C.C asks.

"That's all. Bye," Milly says before hanging up.

"W-was that Cecile?" Shirley asks. Milly nods in response.

"I wonder what those two are up to," Milly replies. "Do you have any ideas, Nunally?"

"Well, I don't really know but just this morning, I saw the two of them coming out from my brother's room," Nunally says with her usual timid voice.

"What???!!!"

"I've never thought that Lelouch is into such intimate relationship," Milly commented.

"They didn't do anything weird, right, Nunally?" Kallen asks.

"I... I don't really know," the girl replies.

"That Lelouch, I will interrogate him when I see him," Milly says. "Keeping his relationship with Cecile a secret from us is so infuriating."

"Probably he wants some privacy," Rivalz butts in.

"Rivalz, by any chance, do you know about this?" Shirley asks but Rivalz shakes his head.

"Not really. Well, it's just that Lelouch isn't the type to open up to anyone, right?" he says.

"Right," Shirley simply said.

On the other hand, C.C finishes her pizza and waits for Lelouch to come out from the shower.

"Did you talk with someone?" Lelouch asks upon coming out. "I heard you talking just a while ago."

"Milly called and said you should go to school early tomorrow," C.C replies as she slowly gets out of bed.

"You didn't say anything weird, did you?" the guy asks.

"Nothing at all," she replies as she walks towards him and suddenly jumps on him.

"Oi, what the hell are you doing?" the surprised Lelouch asks.

"Lelouch, do you like the way your life is now?" the girl asks out of the blue.

"Of course, anyway, get off me."

C.C slowly leans on him And before Lelouch could do anything, her lips touched his. He is about to push C.C off but the pictures and scenes he is seeing stops him from doing so.

C.C backs off and sits on the bed.

"I won't apologize but I am taking away your normal life from you. We had a deal before that you failed to fulfill. I granted your wish but you didn't grant mine so you will remember everything about your past and fulfill what needs to be fulfilled," C.C says.

Lelouch holds his head and just like C.C said, his memories from the past came rushing back at his mind. The time when he met C.C for the first time, the Black Knights, the rebellion against the Britannian Empire and most of all, he remembers himself being Zero.

"Shall I remind you about our deal?" C.C asks. Lelouch sits down on the chair comfortably upon recovering.

"Sure, my head still hurts a little," Lelouch replies while rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"If I grant you power, could you go on? I propose a deal --- in exchange for this power, you must agree to make my one wish come true. Accept this contract and you accept its conditions. While living in the  world of humans, you will live unlike any other: a different providence, a different time, a different life. The Power of King will condemn you to a life of solitude. Are you prepared for this?" C.C stated like how she did the first time she made the contract with the prince.

She holds out her hand for a handshake and Lelouch gladly accepts it.

"Now that you've regained your memories from long ago, I bet you shouldn't be defeated twice by the same person," C.C teases him as a smirk is formed on her lips.

"It won't happen again, I assure you," Lelouch stated.

"Well, I guess it's time to stop going back to Ashford," says C.C while taking out Lelouch's polo from the closet. She, then, went to the shower leaving Lelouch alone.

"Hey, C.C!!" Lelouch calls out but no response came from the girl. After a while, C.C comes out wearing a polo. She flops on the bed and looks at Lelouch.

"Miss me, already?"

Lelouch glares at her.

"Why did you have to attend school and show everyone your face?" the prince asks in gritted teeth since erasing their memories about C.C would be hard work.

"I never thought you are this obssessive of me to the point of hiding me from everyone," replies C.C with a smirk while hugging her beloved Cheese-kun.

"Shut up, witch," Lelouch curses.

"Oh, you're calling me a witch now. How adorable," C.C counters which made Lelouch give up since he knew that he won't ever win against her when it comes to matters like this.

"Anyway, we have to start from scratch again to form the Black Knights," Lelouch says after having a long sigh.

"I already finished doing that. The only thing is, Kallen don't know anything. She is capable of piloting a Knightmare Frame and is useful, it's up to you if you want her back,"  C.C informs her accomplice.

"How come she doesn't know anything when you're able to form the Black Knights?" Lelouch asks.

"I've gathered new members since the former members aren't ressurected just like the rest of you. Don't worry, they are reliable," explains the girl.

"That's good, then. But we've got to get Kallen back."

"I will take care of that. Don't worry, your lover will soon stay beside you," C.C teases before closing her eyes to sleep.

"She's not my lover," Lelouch says but C.C ignores him and falls into a deep slumber.