Chapter 9: Black Knights

The loud ringing of the alarm clock awakens the two. C.C stands up and heads to the shower. Lelouch wakes up later.

After some time, C.C gets out from the shower room, ready to go to school even though it isn't needed anymore.

"Lelouch, hurry up or we'll be late," C.C says while fixing her hair.

Lelouch looks at the time and he only has 15 munites to prepare. He gets his towel and rushes to the shower.

"C.C, why the hell did you set the alarm so late??!!" Lelouch yells.

"Hurry up," is what she simply replies.

On their way to school, Lelouch is walking on a fast pace while C.C is being left behind.

"Even if you hurry up, we'll still be late. And you're not that physically fit to run even though it's just a short distance," C.C says.

"Shut up, witch!"

Upon reaching school, Lelouch is already panting. He opens the door of their classroom which catches everyone's attention.

"I don't want to ask why you're late so just hurry up and sit down," the teacher tells him, tired of scolding the prince because of his tardiness.

As Lelouch steps in the classroom, he is about to fall down but C.C grabs his hand and puts it around her shoulder.

"Careful, boya," she says as she leads the way to their seats.

"It's amazing how they flirt in front of everyone," one whispers and it only made C.C smirk.

Shirley is looking at them wondering what their relationship really is. Kallen, on the other hand, clicks her tongue and rolls her eyes before looking back at the front.

"I've warned you before that you're physically unfit and yet you ran, quite stubborn, huh, boya," C.C says as they take their seat.

Lelouch ignores her and instead of listening, he starts to make a plan to fulfill the goal he failed to do so long ago. But then, he stops for a while and looks at Shirley who is listening to the teacher.

He remembers her death centuries ago before they are reincarnated. As the bell rings which signifies the changing of classroom, Lelouch grabs C.C outside.

"Easy, boya. Can't wait to be with me alone?" the witch teases.

"Stop spouting nonsense," Lelouch replies. "Anyway, is there a possibility that what happens before will happen again?"

"You mean, history repeating itself?" C.C asks. "That depends on you, Lelouch. If you repeat the same mistake, then, history repeats itself."

"I see."

"But be reminded that even if you still remember the past, it doesn't mean that you already have the upper hand. Your enemies could still be at an equal level as you," the witch says.

"But the fact that I already know how to kill the Emperor and Marianne means that I can win," Lelouch counters.

"Can you really kill your parents twice, Lelouch?"

"Of course, they abandoned me and Nunally for the sake of the world they want to create. They even used Nunally and Euphie as their excuse to create such boring world. Even now, they haven't shown themselves after bringing us here."

Lelouch looks at C.C intently.

"Go back at home so I could start erasing everyone's memory of you," he says.

"Already?" C.C complains as she looks at Lelouch with puppy eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. I won't be fooled like before," Lelouch says.