Joe Trohman

"Hello, I would like to submit my application" I said generously to some old, tired-looking man.

"What's your name?"

"Mary"

"Thanks Mary, I will call you after I look it over, have a nice day." He said with a small smile.

"You too" I pushed open the glass doors. The warm summer air flashed my skin. The sun felt nice on my body.

I struggled to unlock my stupid car. I finally sat down on the leather interior. The hot seats burned my thighs.

"Ow!" I couldn't help but yell, it was extremely hot.

I rode the whole way home with the window down...my car does not have good air conditioning. I turn my mcr cd on.

As I pull in my driveway I see my little brother, Johnny (10 years old) shooting hoops in the driveway. I get out of the car.

"Isn't it a little hot out" I asked Johnny as I tried to steal the basketball from him.

"Nah" he went back to shooting.

I hopped up the back steps into my house. I walked in the kitchen and threw my car keys on the table.

Thank god my house is air conditioned or I would not survive the summers.

"How did it go honey?" My mom said, walking in.

"Alright, I guess"

"Mary are you sure you want to work at a cd store?"

Am I sure? I'm more than sure! CDs are my fricken life! I have 50 different CDs and I'm buying more everyday! That's my dream job!

"Yes mom!" I reassure her.

I feel like going for a swim. I grab my bathing suit and quick throw it on. I run through my backyard and splash into the pool. Ahhhhh. The cold water freezes my insides. My hair foils out, loosely and freely. It's so quiet underwater. I wish I could stay under longer. I swim up for a big breath. It was relaxing yet fun. I swim for a good hour and the sun starts to set. The day was over.

I woke up at 8, just like usual. I ate some breakfast and stalked around the house bored out of my mind.

Then, around 9 I got a call from the cd shop!

"Hello, is Mary greenfield there?"

"Yes this is her"

"Hi, we looked over your application and resume, and your the girl we need! We will just need you to stop in for an interview but most likely, you're hired!"

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I won't let you down!" I was smiling in excitement.

"Tomorrow at 12 you can stop by for the interview"

"Okay great!"

"Nice talking to you Mary"

"You too!"

I hung up the phone and jumped with happiness.

"Mom!! I got the job!!!" I ran upstairs.

"Good job honey!" She hugged me. "I'll call your father and tell him"

***skip forward to interview***

I sit there in the cold chair. Jerry (the old guy/manager) was asking me questions. The basic interview questions. The interview went by fast. After, he told me he was going to show me around.

We walked out of his office and he lead me to the front, the cash register. He reached down and pulled a black shirt out. He held it up and it said "Kellie's CDs" (the name of the store) in blue letters. He tossed it to me.

"Let me show you some of the other workers."

"Casey, Joe, come here!"

A boy with blonde wavy hair walked over to us, followed by a boy with curly brown hair. They both looked about my age, 18.

"This is Casey, Casey this is Mary" Jerry said pointing to the blonde boy.

"Hello" we both said.

"This is joe, joe, Mary"

"Hi"

Joes blue eyes looked at mine. And when I say looked, he looked hard. I could feel his energy as he stared into my eyes.

"Hey" he said smoothly. He smiled.

Joe was very cute. So was Casey, but joe was...ugh!

"You boys can get back to work"

They scattered back to organizing CDs and jerry turned to me.

"Okay here is your schedule, you have work tomorrow 1pm to 4pm"

"Okay cool!" I said grabbing the paper.

"See ya tomorrow Mary! Good to have you on the team!" He said putting his hand out for a handshake.

I gave him a handshake.

"Thank you!" I walked out of the store and I noticed Joe looking at me as i left. Man, that joe is wonderful.