8

I miss him. Not necessarily him, because I see him at work, but I miss the fact of knowing he's mine.

Today's Monday and I have work. Oh great, I haven't talked to joe since the fight and I don't know how I will stand seeing him.

I walked into work and thank god I didn't have to work in the back, because that means just me and joe alone.

I saw joe working the cash register. I gave him a sad smile. He just looked at me with an emotionless face. But at the same time I could feel his pain. I went to help customers, with occasional stares back and forth between me and joe.

You know, in all those chick-flick movies they don't tell you what it's like the day after they break up, the pain you hold in your heart, and body, they just show them happily getting back together and as I stand in this cd shop I wish I knew what to do with myself because my emotions are taking over. I ran to the bathroom and balled "my eyes out. The white lights from the bathroom are giving me a headache. My crying echoed thru out the bathroom. Please no one walk in. I looked in the mirror, my red eyes and washed up makeup made me want to cry even more. Why was I so upset? He's just a silly boy I met a few weeks ago. Loves fuckin weird.

I fixed my makeup and realized I have to go back out before jerry gets mad. I walked out into the cd shop and noticed Joe staring at me.

The rest of the shift consisted of me trying not to cry whenever I looked at joe.

At 7pm jerry let me and joe go. I walked out fast enough so there wasn't an awkward walk back to mine an joes cars.

I walked out into the parking lot. The sun was setting and I felt a shiver from the cold breeze. I went to unlock my car door when I heard joes voice.

"You can't expect me not to say anything"

"What do you mean?" I said turning around.

"Mary I just want you to know that I will always care for you, and if one day you decide to stay with me, I'll be here" he said and got in his car. I heard his engine start and he spun out. Just like that, he was gone.

I felt motionless. I got in my car and cried the whole way home.

***skip to college moving day***

It's been a few weeks. Me and joe have somehow avoided talking, but that doesn't mean I don't still love him. I'm still crazy for him.

I shoved the last box of clothes in the trunk of my car.

"Alrighty I'm done" I said turning to my family as they waited.

My mom leaned close and gave me a long hug.

"Honey I'm gunna miss you, you know, you can always call me if your nervous of anythin-"

"Mom I know" I interrupted breaking the hug.

My dad then gave me a hug.

"You'll do great in college, I love you" he said smiling.

"Thanks"

Then my brother just stood there.

"See ya Mary"

"See ya" I said half smiling at my brother.

I headed for my door and sat in my car. I gave one last look at my house and waved by to my family and off I was.

On my way I passed joes house. Joe. Ugh. I drove for 5 hours and finally got there.

***first day in college**

I have to wake up at 7am for my 8am class. I grabbed the first shirt on my dresser and threw on my light, ripped jeans. I grabbed my schedule and phone and walked out the door. I arrived at the class and sat down. It all looked so sophisticated in college.

"Alright class, I'm Mr. Reynolds" he said and went on with boring stuff.

The class was long but went by quickly. As I walked out of the class I slipped my phone in my pocket, then I felt a piece of paper waded up inside. Hmm.

I pulled out the crumpled piece of paper and read it as I walked. And then it hit me....it was joes note he gave me that one day. It said:

Mary,

I've never seen anyone like you. I always use to say "one day, I'll find the right girl." And when you walked into the cd store that hot summer day, I knew it was you. Your long brown hair, perfect blue eyes, everything about you drove me crazy. I'm not good at this love stuff, but, I want you to know that if your ever feeling alone, or need something, I'm right here. Chances are I'll be at the cd store because I have no life. Anyways, if you can't see me, just listen to drops of Jupiter. :)

Love,

Joe.

There stupid me was, reading the note that I was supposed to read weeks ago. This note changed everything. I need to see him. I got in my car. Leaving all my shit at my dorm and just drove home.