PART TWO~ch.3

I laid in the bed above Joe. The tour bus has four twin beds, on top of each other. They have curtains in front of your little bed area. It was quite cozy.

I laid in bed staring out the window. The street below us moving so fast it was just a blur. I caught myself smiling. Then I pulled the shade down for the window and rolled over, falling asleep.

I woke up confused. Also happy, that seeing Joe wasn't a dream. I pulled my curtain and the brightness made me squint my eyes. I heard someone in the front of the bus so I hopped down my bed. I noticed Pete's bed was empty and joes curtain was still pulled.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, and put my hair up. Then entered the front of the bus and saw Pete eating cereal.

"Good morning." He smiled.

I smiled back. "Morning." I sat across from him.

"How was the first night on the bus?" He asked.

"Not bad actually." I said.

"That's good." He stood up and put his empty bowl of cereal on the counter. "Want some coffee?"

"Sure. Thanks." I looked at the clock. It was 11:42am.

"Joe usually sleeps until like 2pm" Pete laughed, as he set down my coffee and sat back down.

I laughed. "Yeah he always slept late when we were younger. He always used the excuse that he was growing."

"Yeah now his excuse is that he's a lazy son of a bitch." Pete poured sugar into his coffee.

I laughed. Me and Pete made small talk for a while then he showered and we kinda were separate for a little. Then around 1:30 pm Joe woke up.

"Rise and shine." I smiled at him. His hair was a mess but it looked cute.

He stumbled over to me, scratching his stomach. He grabbed coffee then sat next to me on the lounge couch.

"Good morning." He smiled, taking a sip of his coffee.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Pretty good. And you?"

"Good."

He stood up, searching for food. He grabbed two granola bars and ate them fast.

"Concert today." He said.

"Are you excited?" I asked.

"Ehh. I like it but sometimes it gets tiring."

After a while of sitting around, we got a call from Patrick. Joe put it on speaker.

Patrick: "you guys wanna stop and get food?"

Joe looked at us to see if we wanted. Pete nodded and I agreed.

Joe: "yeah. Where?"

Patrick: "there's an exit in about 5 miles. It has some fast food places."

Joe: "okay cool. I'll tell the driver. See ya then.

Patrick: "see ya buddy."

Then Joe walked to the driver and told him.

When we took the exit we found a McDonalds and we all stumbled out the bus and squinted our eyes. We haven't felt sunlight in a while.

Patrick and Andy walked towards us.

"Hey guys." Patrick said.

"Oh, Patrick and Andy, this is Mary. She's an old friend. She's gunna stay for the last concert." Joe said.

"Hello Mary." Patrick smiled.

"Hi mary." Andy said.

"Nice to meet you guys " I smiled at them.

We ate lunch then all got back on the bus and was an hour away from the venue.

**time of concert**

"I love these people." Joe said, holding his guitar in his right hand, looking out to the crowd behind the curtains.

I just looked at him, waiting for him to explain.

"Ya know, they pay money for these concerts, some scrounge up the little they have. And they go out there in those stands and they wait for these curtains to drop." Joe was smiling as he was talking. "And when they drop you can hear the screams from all these people and I look at some on the front and they are crying and I remember when I was young going to concerts and i truly love these people. I love watching them scream and smile to their best friends and you know, you can't beat that feeling." He looked at me. "I love these god damn people."

I didn't have a chance to say anything back because a man with a clipboard yelled. "5....4...3...2...1" and Joe strapped his guitar on and ran out into the screaming people. I smiled as I watched him out there.

After the concert we didn't have much time for some reason so we all got onto the bus and ate dinner. When we finished, the three of us hung out in the lounge. We drank some Bloody Marys and watched a reality tv show. After alot of drinking and laying around we all were kinda drunk.

Pete turned on some speakers and played music. I couldn't tell what song it was but it made me happy. Pete got up to get more drinks and he started dancing to the song and me and Joe were laughing and then Joe pulled me up and spun me around and brought me close. Pete gave us the drinks and we all stood around dancing and laughing our asses off. After the song ended we sat down and got quiet.

Then Joe kissed me and I started laughing and he started laughing and then I woke up at 4am really cold and scared.

I rubbed my eyes and noticed I was on the lounge couch. Joe was sleeping, sitting up. And Pete was sleeping on the other couch.

I quietly got up and went to the bedroom. I wrapped myself in blankets and slightly remembered kissing Joe and then I slipped into sleep again, smiling.

Hanging out with them is the best thing to happen.

I woke up at 1pm from Joe tapping on me.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty." He smiled.

"Your cheesy." I said, rolling over. I hated hangovers.

He laughed and climbed into my bed with me. He wrapped the blankets around him.

"And how are you this morning?" He asked.

"Good. A little hungover." I smiled at him.

I loved waking up to him.

"Last concert of the tour today." He said.

"Oh really?"

"Yep. Its in New York." He said.

"Oh cool." I rolled back over, trying to go back to sleep.

"Heyyyyy! Cmon wake up!" He said.

I laughed. "I'm just resting my eyes!" I said.

"Yeah right!" He jumped out of the bed and grabbed me.

"Joe!"

He was laughing and pulled me down to the ground. I stood in front of him, looking up at him.

"Fuck you" I smiled.

He gave me a sexy grin. "Fuck you too"

He teased a kiss but then smiled. "Let's go eat breakfast."

I smiled and grabbed his hand.