6

"Mary!" My moms voice echoed from downstairs.
I rolled over in my bed, shoving my face in my pillow.

"Get up Mary!"

"No!" I screamed back.

"Mary you have work in 45 minutes hurry up!"

I laid there staring at my white ceiling, wishing I didn't have work. I stumbled out of bed and met my mom downstairs.
"Good morning honey" she said stirring her cup of coffee.

"Hi" I sat at the kitchen table.

"I have a meeting so I won't get home till late, around 8ish, your father said he will bring home a pizza at 6, what time do u get out of work?"

"Three"

"Okay sweetie I gotta run I'll see ya tonight" my mom said kissing me on the forehead while trying to balance a lunch bag and her coffee.

"Bye mom"

I popped some toast in the toaster and poured orange juice.

I ate my toast, then realize I had little time to get ready.

"Shit!" I said looking at the clock. It was 8:29 and I had to leave at 8:45.

I jumped in the shower for five minutes and quick got dressed, wearing the work tee shirt, ripped light jeans, and converse.

I ran downstairs and blow-dryed my soaking wet hair. Checked the clock; 8:37.

"MOTHERFUCKERRRRRERERERE" I yelled as I ran Into the bathroom. I threw on the basic make up, brushed my teeth and put my hair up.

At 8:45 I was out the door. Perfect. The ride to work was dreadful. It's like your on your way to hell and there's no stopping it.

I pulled into work and saw joes car! YES! He made the work day a little less miserable.

I said hello to jerry and he assigned me to work with helping customers. I saw joe across the room and waved.

I could watch joe for hours. The way he moved like curtains in the summer breeze. Or how he smiled at this simple things. I felt a sense of love and compassion when I saw joe. And I've never had that feeling with anyone else.

"Hey guys before we open the store up I wanna explain some changes I've made." Jerry explained to me joe and Casey.

We walked to jerry to tell us his change.

"So, starting Wednesday we are doing partner shifts. That meaning, if you have work in the morning, your partner will also be working then" we all noded our heads pretending to understand. "So, Casey your partner is Trevor and joe your partner is Mary" I shifted my eyes on joe. He smirked at me. "I think having a partner will help you get the jobs done faster and you will beable to cooperate better since you know how it's like working with them..you know?" Jerry said. we all agreed.

Jerry walked over to the door and turned the closed sign to open. The first few minutes it's open no one comes and that's usually our time to hang out.

Joe approached me.

"Hey Mary" he said not leaving his eyes off mine.

"Hey Joseph" I said smiling.

"Guess what" he said enthusiastic.

"Ya?"

"So I found a singer for our band!"

"Dude, joe that's awesome! Is he good?"

"No he's terrible, that's why we picked him" joe said sarcastically. We both laughed. "No, he's amazing!"