Chapter Twenty

For a moment my mind is clouded. It takes me a whole moment to realize that these wolfs smell like mutts or rouges as someone. I take another whiff of the wolfs before taking off in bolt in the opposite direction. A few moments later I hear the pounding on the dead leaves behind me. They are close. Very close.

I go to leap off of a log when I get jumped on from behind and I get pushed onto the ground roughly. I go to fight back but the wolf quickly haves their jaws around my neck, ready to snap it at any time.

The wolf onto of me is dusty brown and has light blue eyes that next leave my eyes. 

There's four other wolves near me but the way I'm positioned I can't see any of them.

I begin growling when the wolf on me tightens its grip on my neck. I can still breath but only ever so slightly.

I think I'm actually gonna be late for school or I could possibly die, that's definitely a possibility.

It's almost an hour later until something happens. I'm so exhausted because one of my downsides is that I can't stay in wolf form for too long or I get tired and I can't shift back because if I do my throat will be crushed.

My eyes become heavy after awhile and then suddenly I begin having a panic attack. The forest begins closing in on me and I can't breathe. The wolf onto of me seems to notice because he loosen's his grip ever so slightly.

Even as a wolf my breathing becomes hitched.

I hear bones cracking and then I hear, "Let's just let him go, we can tell Victor that he fought us and escaped."

The wolf onto of me lets me go and steps back. I don't get off the ground until my panic attack stops. When I stand up they're all gone. I look around and I mentally groan, its already night. I missed the rest of school and Jada is probably worried. 

I begin running through the forest park towards the city. As soon as I reach the bush I shift back and I quickly dress. My wrist hurts because I shifted for so long so that's another day or so that I have to keep the splint on.

I turn my phone on and I sigh. There's like twenty texts from Jada and one hundred from Zach.

I toss my phone in my pocket before making my way home. Jada might be pissed. I get home like twenty minutes later and Jada is pissed. 

"WHAT THE FUCK ZACH!" She yells hitting my chest, "YOU COULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING DEAD!"

Without out saying anything I pull Jada into my chest and I kiss her forehead before laying my head on her head.

"I'm still mad at you." She whispers, "I thought you left me."

I sigh, "I won't ever leave you Jada."

She pulls back a little and kisses my chin, "I won't ever leave you."

"Promise?" I ask 

"Promise." She says when I let her go.

I smile and I look down.

"Can we cuddle and fall asleep?" She asks as she begins blushing, "I mean we don't have too."

I grab her hand and I pull her into my room and onto the bed.

She curls up next to me and closes her eyes. I pull her closer to me and I close my eyes too. Today was eventful, I could've died. 

I don't know why but today I was somewhat happy. I kinda liked feeling afraid.