Chapter Thirty Four

I'm sitting at the dining table when I hear a motor out front. I quickly jump up and I run to the window hoping it was the cops. At this point I was hoping it was the Fitago's but no such luck, Bosko is just messing around with the tractor.

I slide down the wall of the house and I roll up my pant leg. Stupid anklet.

I rip and rip on it until it pops off. 

I sit there shocked for almost five minutes. I was so mad that I broke it.

I watch a whitish liquid drip out of the needles stuck to the anklet onto the carpet. I smile, after the drugs are out of my system I can run away. I can be free.

I stand up excitedly and I slip the anklet into my pocket before running into my old bedroom. I pull the anklet out of my pocket and I shove it under the mattress with my razor blade.

"What are you doing son?" I hear from behind me so I jump before turning around.

"Reminiscing." I say pulling on a fake smile. The same fake smile that I pull on when Bosko says I love you or when he asks me to do something I don't want to do. Maybe I should grow up and become an actor.

He smiles, "Come on boy, dinner time."

I follow him out of the room and I sit down at the table next to Bosko. I pick up my fork and I poke around at the food presented in front of me.

Steak, potato's, and green beans.

I push the meat to one side and I quickly eat the potato's and green beans.

"Are you still not eating meat boy?" He asks cutting his steak.

I shake my head, "I don't eat meat. I told you this."

He smiles, "I know it's just that you've gotten skinnier since you arrived here. You need to put on some calories."

I fake giggle, "I use to only eat junk food but now I eat healthy because of you."

I'm not gonna tell him that it's because he's starving me. I only get a few meals a week.

He nods, "All the junk food isn't good for you."

I nod, "I'm glad I'm with you now so that my ways have been set straight."

He smiles and stands up, "That's great. I'm gonna do a bit of work outside and then we can get some sleep."

I stand up and I grab both of our plates before walking over to the sink. I set my plate it his fridge and I set his plate in the sink.

I'll wait before he's sleeping before leaving. He's never locks the door at any point because he thinks that if I run away he can easily catch me but now that my anklet is off I can definitely out run him.

I smile, for real this time. I can't wait to be away from this place.

I jump when someone grabs my shoulder. 

I turn around quickly taking a deep breath. It's Bosko, I mean who else would it be?

"Hello space cadet. Have you been standing there for almost an hour now?" He asks almost laughing.

I jerk back into reality, "Huh sorry I was thinking."

He smiles, "Come on boy lets go get some sleep."

He grabs my arm and drags me into his room. I lie in bed as he changes. After climbing into a white tee shirt and black pajama bottoms he climbs into bed behind me. He pulls me close like he always does and he pulls me close. 

I shutter and I close my eyes and I pretend to sleep. Almost an hour later he begins snoring so I wait another hour before climbing out of bed.

I tip toe over to the door without any trouble but when I open the door it squeaks so Bosko stirs and opens his eyes, "Where are you going Jasper?"

I turn around smiling, "I have to use the bathroom. I forgot to use it before going to sleep."

He nods and he curls up into the pillow. 

Step one complete, onto step two.

I walk over to the front door and I lightly pull it open before walking out. As soon as my feet touch the ground I shift and I begin running towards the forest.

This is the happiest I've ever been in my life. Being in wolf form feels so great, it's almost too real to be true.

Soon i'm in the city. I run and I run until I'm out front of my old house. I can't believe I'm back, after two months of torment I'm back.