Chapter Thirty Five

I shakily walk up to the house and I knock on the front door. As soon as my dad opens the door I launch into his arms. 

I can't stop the tears from flowing as I begin to tell him everything from the night of the party up until now. He didn't let me go until I stopped crying and calmed down.  

"Jasper..." He says not able to find the right words to tell me to make me feel better.

I drop my head and I begin chewing on my lip hard. 

"Zach came by once. To see if you were here but I told him you probably were at Jada's." A tear slips down his cheek, "No one was looking for you."

In all my life I've never seen my dad cry. He's always been the rock in the family.

I shrug, "As long as I'm here now."

He stands up quickly, "We need to tell your grandpa so we can track him down."

I nod and I curl up on the couch bringing my knees to my chest. My dad bolts up the stairs and into my grandpa's study without saying anything else to me.

I hate those three people. They used me and then I protected them. I wish I just told him to go after them. 

I begin picking at one of the scabs that was formed on my wrist, I'm so stupid.

I jerked out of my thoughts when someone comes piling down the stairs.

I look up at Emery and I sigh. Just who I needed to make me feel better. 

He throws himself down on the couch next to me and he begins smiling, "It's great to see you Jas. After Jada died and you ran away I was so worried."

I keep my eyes trained on the ground below me, "I didn't runaway."

He basically throws himself on me, "Sure you didn't bro!"

I clench my fist and I take a deep breathe, "If you don't move away from me in the next thirty seconds I'm gonna break your nose Emery."

He just hugs me tighter, "Come on brooo don't be like that. Good thing Jada isn't here to see you be such a downer."

I grapple him off me before slipping off the couch onto Emery and pounding his face in. He tries fighting back but he's a lot weaker then me so it's useless.

I don't know how much time has passed by the time I'm dragged off of Emery but Emery is bleeding heavily and my knuckles are cracked open bleeding too.

I'm thrown onto the couch roughly and some one basically sits on me.

I grind my teeth against each other, "If he talks about Jada again I'll kill him!"

Emery gets up off the floor and wipes the blood off of his face, "You broke my nose you little... you little.... ahhhh."

I take a deep breathe, "I told you I would if you didn't get away from me and then you had to open your goddamn mouth!"

I push the guy off of me who I soon learned was my grandpa Kale.

I pull my knees up to my chest and I begin nibbling on my finger.

After a moment of ignoring what ever they were saying I stand up and I make my way to the front door.

My mom stops me, "Where are you going?"

I turn back to her, "Zach's."

She nods and pulls out of slip of paper before handing it to me, "Zach gave me his new address about two months ago. I bet he's still living there."

I shove the slip of paper in the pocket of my sweat pants that my dad gave me before leaving the house and making my way towards the address on the slip of paper. I guess I should tell Zach I'm alright.