Chapter Thirty

I wake up for the last time and I sit up breathing heavy. Everyone else is sleeping so I run my hand though my hair before standing up and walking to the door that open about an inch. I lightly pull open the door and I walk out.

Bosko is sitting at the table eating breakfast and drinking coffee, "Mornin son. Sit down I'll get you something to eat."

"That's okay I rather not eat. My stomach will probably reject it and I don't feel like vomiting." I say sitting down in one of the open chairs next to his.

He nods, "Shouldn't you be sleeping? It is Sunday."

Wow this week went very fast.

I shake my head, "I tend to wake up early."

One of the stupid habits that Jada gave me.

He nods and eats a piece of bacon without saying another word.

I pull my legs up so that they're on the chair and I lie my head on my knees which hurts so I groan.

Bosko looks at me funny, "What's wrong with you?"

I take a few short breathes before answering him, "My rib is cracked."

He raises his eyebrow before standing up, "Shouldn't you be healing?"

I shrug, "I guess the drugs in this anklet are keeping me from healing."

I'm not gonna tell my captor that I don't heal like a normal wolf. I don't see where that benefit me.

He sets his plate and his cup in the sink before walking back over.

"I'll give you something for the pain if you want." 

I shake my head, "Medication doesn't work on me. Question can I go outside?"

Bosko sighs, "Are you gonna bark again?"

I shake my head, "No I just want to be outside."

You can see the wheels turning in his head but he shrugs, "Fine son lets go."

I stand up and I follow him out of the house and into the back yard.  Wow more dirt, trees, and grass.

I sit down criss-cross apple sauce and I run my hand through the grass. I love the feeling of morning dew on fresh grass.

I turn around and I look at Bosko, "What state am I in?"

He looks up from his newspaper, "Colorado why?"

I shrug, "I just wondered how far away from home I was."

Which isn't very far honestly. I ran for so long that I'm surprised that I'm not in Canada.

"Why don't you just turn me into the Fitago's?" I ask running my hands through the grass some more.

He shrugs, "Do you want me to? Because I can."

I shake my head, "At least I have a better chance here."

He nods and he goes back to reading his newspaper.

I sigh and I look around some more, this would be the perfect morning to go for a run.

I roll up my sweat pants a bit, stupid anklet. 

I pull on it a bit but every time I do the needle on the other side presses into my skin even deeper. Smart man.

I sigh and I stand up so Bosko looks up over his paper at me.

"Can I run around? You can catch me easily so it's not like I'm running away." I love pushing my luck.

"Sure." He says going back to reading his newspaper, "Just don't go out of my sight."

I step back shocked, wow he is letting me run around. 

As soon as it registers in my mind that he said I begin running around. The feeling of wet grass in between my toes is just enough to make me forget the situation I'm in.

After almost twenty minutes of running around Bosko tells me its time to go in so I wipe my feet one last time in the grass before following him inside.

Mason and Zayla are sitting at the table eating and Drake is sitting on the couch messing with his leg.

They all look up on confused when Bosko and I walk into the house together. I probably have a huge smile on my face and he looks pleasantly calm.