Chapter Twenty Four

After Zach came and got me we made our way to the hospital. Ignoring my headache I just think about Jada. I don't know what I did. I pray to god I didn't shift in front of her. Oh god I don't want to bite her! Wait oh my god did I hit her!?

"Jasper!" Zach yells snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I ask turning to him.

"The doctor called you."

As soon as I hear that I stand up and I look over at the tallish white guy standing by some huge double door near the front desk. I probably shouldn't stand up this fast but I'm so pumped that a bullet probably couldn't stop me.

The smiles at me and motions for me to follow so Zach stands up and we walk over to the doctor. We follow him there the double doors and into the small office. 

As soon as I sit down the doctor turns to me and asks, "Is this your brother?"

Zach goes to answer but I answer first, "No he's my mate."

The doctor turns around shocked, "I could've been a human."

Zach turns to me even more shocked that I said that out loud.

I shrug, "I can smell the wolf on you."

"Hm interesting."

I nod, "Right now I can even smell that you're a mutt."

The doctor visibly grits his teeth for a moment before light sighing, "You're in here for a hurt rib? How come you don't heal normally?"

"My mom my bitten not born."

He nods, "Okay take your shirt off."

I roll my eyes and I pull my shirt over my head quickly. I don't know why but more I think about Jada the more pain I want to feel.

I should've just walked off this injury.

There is a lot of bruising on the right side of my chest and its kinda swelled. 

"How's your breathing?" The doctor asks touching my side making me flinch in pain.

"Great." I say gritting through my teeth.

"Mhm. I can see that even with out X-rays, your rib is definitely fractured."

Almost three hours later I was in Zach's car and we're just driving around. I think moving in with Jada was the stupidest idea in the world.

"So how did you fracture your rib?" Zach asks half turning to me while we're at the stop light.

"I fell off the porch." I say pulling my feet up onto the chair and to my chest.

"Want me to take you back to Jada's now?" Zach asks stopping at the next light.

I shake my head, "Just take me to your house."

He raises his eyebrow but he shakes his head and makes a U-turn.

Almost fifteen mintues later we're outside of Zach's house. Zach is definitely a rich guy. The house he bought when he moved here has three stories and probably a basement. You can see a pretty looking pool in the background and a hedge maze. The house has white pillars and its light white.

I follow Zach into the house and into one of his spar bedrooms. 

I kick my shoes off and I lie down on the bed before crawling under the blanket.

"Night." Zach says as he turns around and goes to leave.

I reach up quickly and I grab his hand which hurts badly but I bite my tongue so I don't moan out in pain.

He raises his eyebrow waiting for me to say something.

"Zach can you sleep with me tonight?" I ask looking into his eyes.

His mood lightens and he nods before crawling into bed behind me. If he isn't here with me I might do something I would regret.

He curls up behind me and nuzzles his head into my neck. I can't deny it now. I'm in love with my mate.

"I love you Zach."

I can feel a smile on my neck, "I love you too Jasper."

I feel like I'm cheating on Jada but I have to throw her out of my mind. I don't want to hurt her anymore so I have to move on. I have to move on for Jada and for me.