~2~

I was woken up in the middle of the night by a beautiful, unknown melody coming through my half open window. As I listened further, I realised that it was a piano. I wasn't even sure whether it was a dream or not, but it still sounded wonderful.

The melody was a very calm and soothing one, but I didn't think I'd ever heard it before. I could tell that the person playing was very skilled.

It was as if the melody controlled my feelings - I felt so calm and at peace, that I immediately fell asleep.

~

With a quick pace, I took another turn for the next hallway and bounced back upon colliding with something - or someone. I felt a pair of strong hands grab me by the arms to prevent me from falling.

"Ah take, it easy!", a friendly voice said. As I looked up, I saw a bright smilig face shining at me.
The boy seemed to be around my age, and had cute dimples showing while smiling.

"I'm sorry!", I exclaimed, surprised.

"Don't sweat it. Who might you be?", he shined.

"I'm Y/N, and you?", I said politely.

"Hoseok, nice to meet you. Are you a friend of Yoongi's too?"

I wasn't sure how to reply. "I guess... you could say that?" More like I was supposed to act like his babysitter during my stay here.

Hoseok's expression changed instantly to a mixture of shock and excitement: "Don't tell me... you're his girlfriend?! He didn't tell m-"

"Nooo, no, no! I'm not! I'm just.. the daughter of his father's employee", I assured him. "I'm just staying here for a bit."

Hoseok nodded as if he had heard something about that. I wondered how such a positive and smiley person could be friends with someone as dark as Yoongi.

"Uh, sorry... but could you tell me how to get to the dining room? I'm a bit lost here", I laughed in an embarassed way.

~

Upon arriving in the empty dining room, I got myself some breakfast from the serving counters. It was like a self-service thing, as there were a few other guests there, because the Min mansion also had a side-house for guests, where I was also staying. My father and Mr. Min had probably started working already and were someplace else.

It was only seconds later that I was joined by Hoseok and a very tired-looking Yoongi. His black hair was standing off in all directions and his skin was as pale as it could get. He was wearing an oversized black sweater that seemed to swallow him whole.

"Good morning", I greeted them in a friendly way.
Somehow, I felt little guilty for Yoongi leaving the table the day before. Maybe I could try and not come off as unfriendly as I had then.

"Morning", Yoongi muttered quietly and sat down on a different place than yesterday, accompanied by Hoseok. He probably sat away from me on purpose.
I couldn't help but wonder what kind of relationship they had as friends. How in the world did Hoseok ever make Yoongi even speak to him?

"Y/N, sit down with us", Hoseok smiled while receiving a death glare from Yoongi. He felt bad that I was sitting by myself, but I didn't really mind.
Hesitantly, I made my way to them and took place at the opposite table side.

"I already told Yoongi that we met. Such an idiot for not telling me he was going to have a pretty girl over for the holidays", Hoseok smiled.

My cheeks felt warm due to the compliment. Yoongi rolled his eyes, looking away. Telling Hoseok about some random girl visiting with his father's employee was really the last thing on his mind, probably.