~7~

I followed the melody through the huge mansion hallways.

At some point, the playing stopped for a moment. I thought that I wouldn't be able to find where it was coming from, but it just continued on afterwards.

I was definitely close.

The hallway I was in at that moment seemed to be the right one.
I started listening though all the doors and not surprised, I heard the piano the loudest in front of Yoongi's door.

So it's him after all.

I leaned closer and pressed my ear against the door. He was slamming the deep chords with emotion which resulted in a dark melody emerging. I felt shivers run down my spine as he hit the last chord and stopped playing.
He sounded like he was playing out all of his emotions.

There was silence.

I didn't know whether to move just yet, afraid of making a sound, but Yoongi solved the problem for me by opening the door into my face.

"Didn't you ever learn that eavesdropping isn't polite?", he sneered at me.

I was so shocked that I couldn't bring out any words.
"I uh..."

He rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"

Can't you ask in a nicer way...?

"I was just... listening to you playing."

He raised an eyebrow.
"Was I that loud?"

"Yes, actually I heard you from my room", I laughed nervously.

He just sighed and moved to the side for me to enter. That surprised me. But for some reason, my heart skipped. Maybe now was a good chance to talk to him?

"How long have you been playing the piano?", I asked as I went over to the instrument, entering his room for the second time in my life.

Yoongi hummed as he closed the door.
"I don't know, ever since I was little."

"You taught yourself to play?"

He nodded, looking to the side. I was touched by how talkative he suddenly was after he had just gone all out on me downstairs.

"Can you play again?", I asked him, taking a seat on the edge of his bed.

He closed his eyes, probably contemplating whether he should just tell me to get out or not.
"Fine."

Yoongi sat down on the small piano stool and placed his fingers on the keys, not playing yet. He looked so professional even though he was self-taught. I only then noticed what thin fingers he had.

After taking a deep breath, he pressed the keys, letting out a nice sound.
I was thankful that he didn't start slamming the keys again.

He continued playing, his right and left hands gently sliding over the keys.
My mouth fell open at how he played with his eyes closed and put so much emotion into his playing.