~17~

Yoongi and I walked on the beach the next day.

I wasn't sure whether he remembered what had happened last night, but I certainly wasn't up to asking him just yet.

All I had gotten was a shy good morning, which was way too suspicious. I was sure that he remembered at least partially what he had done.

We had told Hoseok what happened and he somehow ended up apologizing for being drunk at that time, but he was really glad Yoongi and I were both fine and said he'd come to see me again before I left for Seoul again.

Yoongi was walking next to me with his hands in the pockets of his winter jacket. Half of his face was hidden underneath a thick scarf.
He seemed tired. So was I. Our nights were going to be sleepless ones for the next months.

"Do you think Jimin is alive?", I asked him as I kicked a pebble away.

"Probably not", Yoongi spoke in a sad tone. "Even if he didn't land on the rocks, the current is really strong. It's a problem even for the best swimmers."

I felt a slight pain in my chest remembering Jimin's last words. He had apologized to me for dragging me into all of it, but jumped anyways. He had genuinely loved Minah.

"You know, Jimin's family is one of the richest around here", Yoongi explained.
"Jimin had everything he could have ever wanted, which was why he was unhappy."

I could understand that. Getting everything you wanted made life so much easier, but also boring.

I wondered how Yoongi knew this if he and Jimin hadn't been so close. Or maybe they had been before meeting Minah?

"I guess Minah was the only real thing in his life that he couldn't get, but that thing disappeared and he was broken again", Yoongi mumbled.

I smiled weakly.
"You understand him well."

"I do, for some reason", he said. "He just never seemed to want to understand me. He was too blinded by Minah."

There were still so many mysteries to Yoongi and his life I didn't know about. Hopefully, I would find out about him in time. We stayed silent for a bit. I was planning on asking him further, but he did it for me.

"My mother died when I was 7."

I was shocked to hear that. Hoseok had told me he didn't know about his mother and that he had never spoken about it.

"She and my dad were fighting all the time. At one point, she was just gone and didn't even say goodbye", he said. "Then we got the news that she was found dead."

I sighed. That must have been terrible to deal with as a child. I guessed that that was the trigger for his depression back then.

"Thanks for telling me", I smiled.

"And your parents?"

"My parents are divorced", I told him, even though it seemed funny compared to his story.
"My mom lives a block away but works so much, that I usually only see her for Christmas."

Yoongi scoffed, seeing it as a good time to change the topic.

"So when are you leaving?", Yoongi asked.
I could sense a trace of sadness in his tone.

"In about four days. Our stay ended up being almost two weeks longer than planned thanks to my glorious accidents", I joked.

Yoongi smiled.
"Will you be happy to go back?"

I raised an eyebrow.
"Are you kidding me? No, I'm no happy."

He noticed my sudden change of mood and smiled weakly.
"Why not?"