9√

» IX «

"SO, your friends didn't know that it was you who is singing in a bar? Is that right?" Kaycee asked as I immediately stopped the bike in front of their house.

"Yeah. That is right. But can't you tell them that it was me?" I asked her.

"They were so happy to hear you sing! They love your voice! Why can't you just reveal your identity to them? You're best friends anyway?" She asked.

"Well, Gabe has his own house now. Julian has his own limousine. Sean has his coffee house and store now. They were all rich, has lands and properties. They have their own bank accounts and have a lot of money on it. You know that I can't just tell them about it yet. They all thought that I'm rich. But I'm not. I don't want them to know how poor I am and how hard I do just to earn some money and show them that I'm rich just like them. So please, if it happens that we see them again, can't you tell them? For me?" I asked as I hold her hand.

"I'm not in the position to tell them because they're you're friends. But you should tell them sooner. You know you can't hide this thing forever."

"I will."

"Then, take care on your way home. Thank you for bringing me home safe." Then she said goodbye and I went home as soon as I saw her lock the door of their house.

I immediately took my phone out and I saw 10 missed calls and 35 messages. I look at the 10 missed calls and all I can see is Gabe's and Julian's name in it. I dialed Gabe's number and after three rings, he answered.

("Hey man! Why didn't you picked up my calls? And Julian's calls?")

"I'm sorry. I kinda got carried away with a great movie I saw on Netflix." I answered.

("Oh really? Where do you watch Netflix?")

"I have my tab you know?"

("Yeah whatever. Anyways, you're NOT GONNA BELIEVE THISSSSS! We saw the LOCALITY ERROR! But we didn't get a chance to take a picture with E.JK. AND HE IS SO AWESOME!") Then I laughed at his tone.

("What? Why are you laughing?") Gabe asked.

"Nothing... Hey, I got a question. What if I am E.JK?" I asked then I heard him laugh so hard and even told the person he's with. I bet its Julian.

("You're not even good at singing. And if you're going to be a member of that group, I will stop liking Locality Error.")

"F*ck off Gabe! Anyway, I'll be going to sleep. See you on Monday."

("Okay. Good night assh*le.") Then I ended the call.

"Kaycee, I'm sorry but I can't really tell them now," I whisper.

__________

"Good morning honey!" Mom greeted me early in the morning as she saw me down the stairs. I yawn and scratched my head as I walk towards the table and seated on a chair.

"Hi, mom," I replied then I leaned on the chair and close my eyes.

"How was your night with Kaycee? Did it go well?" Mom asked as she placed the milk she prepared in front of me.

"It was quite alright tho. But something really big happened last night." I exhaled. Then mom seated right beside me and looked at me. "What?" I asked curiously.

"What happened last night? Did something happen between the two of you?"

"Wait, what?! Mom no! Nothing happened between me and Kaycee! Oh my god! Argh! Never mind about it. I'm not in the mood to tell you." I answered then grab some bread and milk then I went upstairs.

"Oh come on Kenneth. Don't lie to me." She answered.

"Whatever mom," I replied and shut the door.

I decided to take my breakfast at my room but I seated on the window as I waited for the sun to finally rise. Well, who wouldn't like to stay on the window whenever the sun rises or sets, right?

I was enjoying my piece of bread and my milk when I heard my phone rang from the table at the side of my bed. I decided to pick up the call since I'm still having my breakfast and its still early. Maybe some of my friends or something important, I think?

"Hello?" I asked from the other line without minding who the person is calling me.

("Good morning sleepyhead. What are you doing now?") Kaycee asked from the other line.

"I'm just having my breakfast. You? And why are you calling me early in the morning?" I asked again.

("Do you have something to do today?")

"I'm having my dance class today. But it's not that popular tho."

("Wow! I didn't know you're such a busy man! And I didn't know you were so talented! How come I didn't know about this? Do your friends don't know about this, too?")

"Nope."

("Okay... So, I wanna attend your dance class today. And I wanna know how good you are.")

"Yeah, whatever. If you want to attend my class, get some extra clothes, water, and everything. And don't forget some snacks."

("No problem!")

"Come over to my house and come pick me up if you want us to go to the studio together. And oh, by the way, the dance class is not for free. Bye."

Then I ended the call, not even waited for her response. I smirked.

"Ooh! Look who smirking like hell!" I was so shocked when I found out that my brother is in my room!

"What the hell man! Get out of my room you freak!" after that, he laughed and then get out of my room but after a couple of minutes or even an hour later, he immediately came back and peeked out of my room.

"You've been sitting down there for almost an hour. Perhaps you might want to take a bath or just get changed." He answered.

"And why is that?!" I said annoyingly.

"Because someone is lo------" My brother was cut off when I hear someone shouted my name. I look down at my window and I almost lost my balance and fell off the window.

"KENNETH!!!!!! HI!!"

"What the hell!!?"
___________

"See you next time guys!" I said and clapped my hands as they clapped theirs. Our dance class session has already ended and everyone looks so exhausted. Well, the steps I taught them are a little bit advance so, maybe that's the reason why they're sweating so hard after the class.

Everyone got their gym bags and I waited for them to leave. After that, I immediately clean the studio.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

"Aahhh!" I shouted when someone spoke and tapped me on the shoulder. "Are you trying to kill me?!" I said.

"Not that I intended to."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Why are you cleaning? Is this your job too?" Kaycee asked me. I already forgot that she's with me today.

"Well, I really can't afford the payment here so the manager and I talked about things, and then the manager agreed," I answered.

Then after cleaning, we went outside carrying our gym bags then I grab my water bottle but its already empty. Kaycee handed hers to me and I accepted.

"What did you----" She was cut off when a car honked on us. Is that----

"Kenneth!!!!! Where have you been? We've been trying to call you but you're not picking up."