12√

» XII «

As soon as I reach my classroom, I immediately rested my head on the arm of my chair and closed my eyes.
I went to sleep last night at exactly 11 and I didn't really get enough sleep because I woke up at 5 in the morning. Classes will start at 8 but here I am, going to school at 7… argh! One hour early.

Then I heard the door swung open but I decided to just close my eyes and sleep. You know how important sleeping is to me tho. Then someone tapped me in the shoulders but I decided not to look.

The tapping of the shoulders continued but I didn't mind that someone because I really am sleepy.

"Yah!" That person shouted. And at the tone of the voice, I already know who it is.
I lifted my head up and immediately saw her in front of me. I frowned but then, I found myself starring at her.

Her long hair. Her blue eyes. Her pale skin. Her chubby cheeks. Her red kissable lips..... Wait for what?!

I shrugged the last thought off and then frowned at her again. "It's early in the morning and here you are, making my day bad. What is it that you want now woman, huh?" I said and then leaned on my chair and close my eyes again.

"You really did forget that you are going to be punished today, don't you?" She said but I didn't mind her and let my eyes stayed close. But I was shocked when I hear some books being smashed on my armchair making me open my eyes completely and waking up my inner self.

"What!!!!! What what!!!!" I shouted at her and I saw her force a laugh. "Do you think that's funny?! Argh! I didn't get enough sleep last night so please leave me alone!" I said irritatingly.

"We will be having our quiz today. The first subject will be math so I hope you can pull it off. Our second quiz will be Science which I also hope that you did the study last night. And our last quiz for the day will be English. Just please don't make yourself bad again. Were graduating soon and we both need this. Please." She pleaded. I wanted to ignore her but my traitor hands reached for the Science book and started to read for the pages that were going to a quiz.
She turned her back at me and she leaned on the arm of her chair and I bet, she wanted to sleep too. "Hey! Are you sleeping?" I asked hoping not to get any response from her.

"Just like you, I didn't get enough sleep last night. So, shut up and study and let me take a nap for a bit."

"Wah! So unfair. You're really pissing me off. I also wanted to sleep you know?! My eyes were about yo close and the words I'm reading are hard to register on my small brain." I answered and I heard her laugh but she didn't respond after that. So I decided to grab my bag and handed her the math book she lent me with my own math book.

"What is that for? Are you bringing it back?" She asked.

"I'm returning your books because I brought my own books now. And can you check my answers if they're correct? And then tell me where did I go wrong in solving the problem so I can resolve it immediately.." I said and then continued to study the book I was reading and then I didn't hear a word from her after that.

When I looked at her, she was busy checking my answers and writing something on the pages of the book and I decided not to mind her about it. I placed my earphones and turned my phone on and decided to listen to music while reviewing so that I don't get sleepy.

[Mura Masa, Nao - Complicated]

Its always about you
Colors faded
Into an ocean, blue wine breaking
Unless we forget all our regrets, I'm written to you
I deeply do exalt you, darling, I do.

When I looked at her I caught her up looking at me. Then she immediately looked away and that made me curious but I didn't say a word. Unless she's the one to tell me something?

If I should remain, you compensate me
I can repay with love
Never say never, I'm down forever it's just a shame because
there's something about you, no
Oh, there's something about you, ooh

I saw her turned her gaze towards me again and at that time, she's saying something. "What?" Is all I can say because I can't understand her. Then she leans forward and removes my earphones as she rolled her eyes while going back to her proper position.

"Why do people always copy those cheesy acting from the movie to get attention?" She whispers and it is enough for me to hear her.

"What did I do this time?" I asked curiously.

"I was talking to you and you didn't even try removing your earphones and answer me 'WHAT?' That's what happened when you watch too many romantic movies." She said and scoffed.

"Well, you're the one who acts as an actress from a movie. Starring at me for too long? If I'm not mistaken, you're starring because you like what you're seeing just now." I shot back and that made her eyes widen in shock and kept her from not saying anything. And with that, I smirked.

"What? Can't get your tongue out?" I asked that made her look at me furiously and threw my math book and once again turned her gaze away from me. And a smile creeps on my face. What a day.
_________

As time passed by, before the bell rang, our classmates and some of our schoolmates arrived one by one. And everyone keeps on whispering and whispering then they'll look towards me and then continue to talk.

Because of those people, I decided to just go outside and wait for the group but as soon as I got out of the room, they're already there, busy looking at their phones. And as soon as Sean moved his head away from the screen of the phone, our eyes met. Then Julian and Gabe followed.

"Hey, guys! What is it?" I asked but instead of a response, they immediately attacked me and drag me away from the classroom.
We stopped in the stairs and when there are no other people around, they all looked at me once more, and then Gabe was the one to speak.

"Is it true?" He asked.

"What is it? I can't understand you…" I answered.

"Our classroom broadcast told us that you were the first to arrive at school. Is it true?" It was Julian's turn to ask a question.

"Yeah. Sort of... Is that even an issue?" I curiously asked.

"Nope. But someone took this photo and sent it to the group chat." Sean answered and showed me his phone with a picture flashed on the screen. It was me and Bailey and the scene was the time where she looked at me and I caught her looking at me.

"Oh come on. Don't tell me you're creating an issue now?" I asked for the third time but they just stare at me. Sigh. I will tell them that she's tutoring me and that's it.

"I will-----" but I was immediately cut off when principal Hufflepuff showed in front of us.

"Good morning principal Hufflepuff." We all greeted and bow.

"What are you doing here boys? Don't have any classes to catch? Or would you just like to join me in the guidance counselor's office?" The principal asked and then we all bowed again.

"We'll be going now, principal. Please excuse us." And as soon as I said that, we immediately run to our rooms.
________

I felt really uncomfortable the whole day. Well, after getting a 40/50 correct answers on my math quiz, 35/35 on science, and 45/45 on my English quiz results, they were all looking at me suspiciously and even voted to make me take the quiz again. But what's more shocking is, Bailey saved me. She told everyone that I didn't cheat and my answers aren't copied and the teachers believed her.

"Hey, Kenneth!" I was cut off when I heard someone shouted my name. And I immediately know who it is.