25√

» XXV «
Kenneth's

It was already Monday and here I am, wearing my loose white shirt and jogger pants and a pair of grey shoes. Everyone was looking at me as I entered the classroom and I'm starting to feel uneasy with the attention they've been giving me.

Gabe and Julian told me last time that girls inside our classroom starting to have a liking on me and they're gossiping about me on how I hot on playing basketball.
I massaged my temples after hearing what they have to say.

This is one of my problems why I don't want to play in any varsity team because people will give you much attention and sometimes they'll bash you or they'll like you.
I just decided to join the team because I just wanted to try something new and that day, the thought of having too much attention has slipped my mind.

"Kenneth!" I listed my head up and I saw Julian, Gabe, and Sean standing beside me. They immediately drag me outside the classroom and I was a bit happy because I can finally get to avoid their gazes.

"You really did make quite an impression their buddy," Julian said as he tapped me in the shoulder.

"Its as if I like it tho. It's making me scared and uneasy. Do you feel the same way I feel when you both joined the varsity team?" I asked Julian and Gabe then they looked at each other before looking at me.

"Well, before I could join up the varsity team, everyone already loves me. At first, I'm loving the attention they're showing me. But now, it feels like a pair of eyes keeps on following me. And that made me really scared." Gabe confessed.

"Same goes with me, bro. But you'll get used to it. And didn't you tell us that it will be temporary?" Julian asked and I nodded my head in response.

"Since the day you started practicing, girls are making their way to come near m and speak to me just to get your phone number."

"Did you give them?" I ask curiously.

"Have you received any messages from unregistered numbers lately?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. Why?" I answered and asked at the same time.

"Then I have already given them your number." Then we all laughed at his expression.

"But it has been a long time since we all talked to each other and to hang out." Sean continued as he looked at all of us. "Next time, I'll let myself join into the varsity team so I could be as popular as all of you." He said and that made us all laugh once more. Then when we continued to walk, I saw Kaycee walking as she held her chin up and confidently walk pass through other people.

"Kaycee!"

"Bailey!"

My eyes widen as I heard Sean shouted Bailey's name. I looked at him and so did he with the same expression my face was holding. I look at the direction he was facing and there she was, Bailey, stopped from her tracks as she met my gaze but immediately avoided it and walk towards Sean.

"Hey!" Kaycee and Bailey said in a chorus that made me and Sean even more confused. The girls looked at each other and they exchange Flanders before they decided to stop staring at each other.

"What are you all boys doing here? Shouldn't you be all inside the classroom?" Kaycee asked but nobody decided to answer and everyone fell into a deep silence. Luckily enough, someone spoke from afar.