Epilogue

Another 4 years later

[Please play the song Next To Me by Imagine Dragons as a background song for this part]

"The end? That's the ending?!" A girl around 5 years old asked Bailey as they wet inside the room where a dog has been taken care of.

"Yes. Why? Isn't it good?" Bailey asked as they walk towards the dog with a collar, lying on a mat.

"It's good! But I want to hear more!" The kid said making the dog open his eyes and wiggle his tail as soon as he sees the kid.

"Hmm. How about you come here and visit me tomorrow?" Bailey said as she kneels down in front of the kid. Her eyes glimmer and her smile reach hey big brown eyes.

"If I come here tomorrow, you will tell me more stories?" The kid said while hugging her dog.

"Yes. But, I won't be the one to tell you another story tomorrow." Bailey responded.

"Better be good!" The kid replied and someone entered the room. "Bye! Miss Sok! I'll be seeing you again tomorrow!" The kid stated as she grabs her dog and followed her mother and went outside the clinic.

A smile formed into her lips after what happened 10 years ago (when they're still in the 12th grade) came back running into her head.

Earlier, the kid she's talking to went to her clinic crying because her dog whom she called Max is not feeling good. Then, her mother wanted to leave the dog in here and they could just come back but the kid insisted on staying until her dog was okay. Bailey then decided to babysit the kid since she has assistants to take good care of the dog, so the kid's mom agreed.

After Bailey has treated the dog, the kid wants to be entertained. And Bailey doesn't know what to do so the kid had suggested that Bailey should tell her a story about her life and how did she become a veterinarian.

And she didn't have a choice but to go back to the place 10 years ago.

"My wife seems to be occupied."

Bailey immediately turns her gaze at her back when a man spoke. A smile immediately formed on her face as the man of his life showed up in front of her.

"Hey," Bailey said and immediately stood up and went to the man leaning on the door from the room and wrapped her hands on his neck. "Well, I'm just happy to meet a cute kid with such an attitude! She loves to talk and wants me to tell her the story of my life." She said and the man leans forward to give her a kiss on the lips.

"Hmm. I wonder, when will we have a kid?" He replied and he smirks at her making her cheeks turn red.

"Well, about that," Bailey said and went to her office and the man followed her from behind. As soon as she approached her office, she grabs her purse and take a white stick out, and showed it to the man behind him.

"That's my gift for you." The man's eyes widen in surprise and shock as he stared at the stick that Bailey showed him. Bailey seated on the front of her table and waited for him to answer.

And when the man looked at him, a smile that reaches his eyes met Bailey's eyes.

"Happy first anniversary, Kenny."

"What the hell?! Oh my God, Bails! This..... Oh, God! Bails! This is the best gift ever! I love you wife!" And Kenneth hugs her and kisses her passionately on the lips.

"I love you too, Ken. So, should we go get something to eat? I'm already starving."

"Yes, yes. I already reserved a table at a restaurant. Let's go and celebrate!"

Then Kenneth wraps his hand on Bailey's waist and then they walked out of the clinic and went to the restaurant.

On their way, Kenneth couldn't stop himself from talking about how happy he is about them funnily having a family.

"I love you so much, Kenny."

"And I love you more than much, Bails."

And we entitled our Story as, Next To Me.

End.

TTOOS1: Next To Me ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara