32√

XXXII

Kenneth's

I immediately stood up from my bed and did my daily routine. After what happened last night, I started to feel confident in telling them everything that I kept the whole time. And I really did have a good sleep last night and I'm happy to greet the morning sunshine.
I take my bath after fixing my bed and wore my light blue shirt with "WE ARE ONE" print on the front and our names and favorite number on the back. After that, I grab my bag where I placed my extra shirts and went immediately downstairs as I heard my mom calling me for breakfast.

"You look happy today. What's wrong?" My brother asked as we both seated in front of the table. I look at my brother and I smile at him.

"Well, I'm in a good mood today and I'm not gonna let you ruin it. So drop the sarcasm because I'm not buying it." I replied making him almost choke up his own saliva. Instead of answering me, he just opened the newspaper and read the articles for the day.

Mom placed the food in front of us and then I started to eat. Then I noticed that my mother has been stealing glances at me making me a little bit uncomfortable.
I lifted my head up and I saw my mom staring at me with a smile on her face.

"What is it, mom?" I asked full of curiosity. My mom's smile grew wider and then she took a sip on her coffee.

"Nothing honey. It's just that, this is the first time that you really did smile and eat a lot this morning. And I've never seen you like this before." She said and that made me smile wider.

"Oh. I'm just so excited about our activity for today's mom. It is the school's Golden anniversary and they even invited some guests to perform. Aren't you going to watch?" I asked as I continued to eat my food.

"I'm not sure if I can come. You know, there's a lot of work to do and I can't leave the house to your brother. He's not even good at cleaning anything." Mom mockingly said as my brother turned his gaze towards mom and he folded the newspaper he's holding.

"I can clean! Kenneth is the one that's not even good at cleaning. He doesn't eleven know how to wash his own briefs!"

"What the!? I always wash my clothes, you moron!" I shouted at him and before he could answer, someone, knock on the door.

I stood up and I walk to the door and opened it. Gabe, Julian, Sean, and Bailey were standing there so I immediately grab my bag and say goodbye to my mom and we entered the limousine being parked in front of the house.

"Can we go and get Kaycee?" I asked and they all nodded. Sean tells them the direction and the car immediately came to a stop in front of their house. Kaycee was already standing in there so I opened the door and told her to come and she did.
After we closed the door, the car started to move to go to school.

"So, how did you know that I was living in there?" I asked them and Bailey started talking.

"We tried to follow you when I saw you with Kaycee. And then we hid on a bush as we saw you stopped in front of your house with Kaycee. We thought it wasn't your house but then Julian called Sean."

"So, you were both stalking us?" Kaycee asked.

"It's not like that. Well, we didn't mean to." Sean replied making the atmosphere inside the car feels awkward. Luckily enough, Julian broke the ice.