23√

» XXIII «
Bailey's

Today, the teacher announced that we will be having our official practice day for our Golden Anniversary. The principal wants us all to perform a different type of sports and other related academics and extracurricular activities.

"You could start practicing and prepare an intermission number. It is our golden anniversary so please make it beautiful and jolly and perfect. We can't fail the school and we can't let our section put to shame, okay?" He said and everyone was delighted to answer him.

"Yes sir." They said and then the teacher instructed me to lead the practice since I am the president of the class. I told the class to clear the center of the classroom so they placed the chairs from the sides of the room. The room is already clear and I was about to lead the practice when Sean tapped me in the shoulder.

"Hey, Sean," I said as a smile formed on my lips. Yesterday, when we talked about our feelings, I was so happy that he could be trusted and decided not to tell Kenneth about my confession. Well, I don't think its a confession, moreover, it's just as talking it out.

"Our P.E teacher wants to see you in her office. She would just talk to you about the said presentation perform on the Golden Anniversary." He said and then smiles back at me.

"Uhm, can I trust you with the practice for now? If that's okay with you?" I asked him and the smile on his face immediately disappeared.

"You know I don't dance, right?" He said and I just nodded my head in response. Well, I've seen Sean dance but he would never really wanna join any extracurricular activities in school. He would really prefer joining academic thingy.

Then my gaze happens to look around and my eyes landed onto Kaycee who happens to be looking at Sean with a sad expression. Then she met my gaze and a plan had entered my mind.
I walk towards her and her brows furrowed as I stop in front of her. I know that she's close with Kenneth and I don't know why I hated that idea.

"Hi. Kaycee Rice, right?" I asked and then she just nodded her head as if not wanting to hear what I wanted to say.

"Well, I heard from the others that you've been dancing and one of the best dancers in your school before? Or everything was just a rumor?" I asked wanting to know whether it's true or not.

"I dance. And that's enough for you and everyone to know. Why'd you ask about that so sudden?" She asked as she stood up from her chair and crossed her arms in front of me.

"Hmm. About that. Our PE teacher is asking for my presence and I need someone to choreograph or teach them some dance moves with this music." And then I handed her the flash drive where the decided song was. "And if I'm back immediately, I hope you did your best to help me."

"Since you were the one to come near me and ask for my help, then I will do my best to help you." She said and a smile crop on her face. She doesn't look harmless but why do I feel threatened?

I smoked back at her and then went to Sean and tap him in the shoulders. "Please join and practice. You know how important this to our teacher. And besides, you've been dancing before and I love how you dance. Please do this just once." And I exited the room.