22√

» XXII «

Kaycee's

"

Hey!" I shouted to Kenneth as soon as I saw him standing near the bench. "Isn't that our classmate?" I asked as I raked my fingers into his wet hair and shock was evident in his face.

"Kaycee? When did you transfer?" He asked and a smile immediately showed on his face but I'm sure that smile didn't really reach his dark brown eyes.

"Just got transferred today. Anyway, have some chips..... And that woman you just called out." I asked as he took some chips into his mouth. "Her name is Bailey? Isn't she's the woman who showed up last time? The one who called your name?" I asked as I recall the day Bailey showed up into the backstage and guessing that he is Kenneth. I decided to interfere that day but the kiss wasn't part of my plan.

"Kaycee, about that night. The---" he paused for a moment and then look at my eyes. I know that he was shocked at that time and I was shocked by myself too.

"The kiss?" I asked and he slowly nodded his head. "Well, it wasn't part of my plan to kiss you on the lips that time. I was just reaching for your cheeks and then I didn't expect that you would move and the last thing I knew is, your lips already crashed into mine. I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable." I said being sorry. That time when I kissed him, I was also uncomfortable and can't sleep properly for 2 nights.

Well, it's my first kiss and so did he. And I didn't regret that he was my first but I don't want to consider him as my first official kiss. Why? Because he was my friend. And it's just a friendly kiss.

Then their coach immediately called out for them and Kenneth looked at me and smile. "That's okay. Just... Be careful next time... Bye Kaycee. See you around.?"

"See you around," I replied and he went back to his teammates and they immediately started their practice.

Then I remember that I'm with Sean so I immediately turned my gaze to where I remembered I left him but he is nowhere to be found.

"Sean?" I called out but I can't see his face nor his shadow. And when I looked up to where our building is, I saw him walking there and my shoulders immediately went down. How could he leave me like that?!

And then he didn't talk to me the whole day. I thought to myself, "shouldn't I be the one angry about him because he leaves me earlier?"
________

And then after class, he's treating me so cold and making me feel like he doesn't really like my presence. After he went outside, I immediately packed my things up and was about to catch him up but our adviser asked for my presence so I went to my adviser and gave me advice and everything I need to know about the school rules.

"And oh, by the way, Kaycee, I heard that you're one of the best dancers in your past school."

"Well, it's not like that sir. I just dance." I said humbly and our adviser smiled.

"Since the golden anniversary is near, I want you to do join the dance contest so you should find a partner inside the classroom. Then prepare an intermission number, okay?" I wanted to reject her offer but I just agree to it.

"Can I partner up with Kenneth San Jose?" I asked.

"I've already put Kenneth into the singing contest and he'll be having an intermission number with someone the principal has chosen already." She said and I just nodded my and thought of someone I could partner up but I don't really know anyone.

When I went for a tour myself, I saw Bailey and Sean inside the clinic and they were both talking. I can't see them clearly so I'm not certain whether they're happy or not.
I saw them share glances and here I was, feeling pain inside my chest. What am I feeling? What is this?

And when he's about to leave the clinic, he saw me standing there. I decided to not show any emotion and walked away. Kaycee, this is bad. You need to see the doctor.
____

My three-day journey at my new school was good. Well, Sean has been a cold-blooded idiot around me and always shows no interest in me.
Sometimes he would just avoid me and then whenever I ask him anything, he would just shrug his shoulders of or sometimes, he would play music on his phone and he'll use earphones and put his phone into the full volume where I could even hear his playing.

It's already Thursday and u was here seated on my chair as I was gazing at Sean who is focusing himself on the book he's studying..... This is the very first time I've encountered a man who would show no interest in me. And it's hurting me. Am I going too far?

Then two people entered the classroom.

"Hello, our dear Sean Lew! Did you miss us?" They said and they immediately stopped talking when maybe they notice me looking at Sean.
Sean turned his gaze towards them and her eyes landed to mine which makes my eyes meet his.
He was the one who avoided the gaze first and then stood up from his chair as he slid his hands in his pocket and went outside.

The two guys walk towards Mr and stop in front of me with curiosity plastered on their faces.

"What?" I asked irritatedly.

"Do we know you? Because the last thing we remembered, you're still not here. A transfer student, right?" The man with wavy hair asked me.

"Well, obviously." I shot back and crossed my arms as I look in front with an annoyed look. Why does he treat me like that? Did I do wrong? Or am I not that attractive?

"I'm Gabe and this is Julian. Sorry for being rude but can we ask why is Sean acting like that?" The taller man asked me.

"I don't know. You go and ask him. As if he would like to talk to me tho." I answered angrily and went outside. But as soon as I passed through the door, Bailey immediately entered the classroom. We both looked into each other and she was the one to avoid my gaze.

"Bailey Sok, right?" I said and she stopped walking and she looked at me again. "You're a lucky girl," I said and went outside to him some fresh air. I decided not to attend my class which means, skip classes for me!

"Hey." A man seated beside me and when I look at my side, the first thing I saw was his jawline so I lifted my head and I saw the tall man earlier.

"Gabe right?" I asked in assurance and she just nodded his head. "Nice meeting you Gabe. I'm Kaycee."

"So, what happened to Sean? Didn't you really get to talk to him?" He asked.

"Well, we just talked about school because the teacher assigned me to him to tour the school. Other than that, nothing more." I replied while looking into the field where Kenneth and the group were practicing.

"Why don't you want to go to class?" He asked and I look at him while he's staring back at me.

"Well, I am bored and I just want to breathe some fresh air. And besides, I don't want to listen to the teacher for now. It's boring tho." And he chuckled at what I said. "What? I'm just being honest here?" I replied and he gave me a warm smile.

"Well, I like your honesty. I'll just see you around then?"

"See you around Gabe," I said.

"Nice meeting you again Kaycee."