16√

» XVI «

It was already Friday and soon enough, I'll be focusing myself on my basketball training.
Like the usual, Sean and I went to school at the same time. And as soon as we arrive at the school, we immediately parked our bicycles and the guard checked our bags and everything then swiped our ID's on a scanner and after that, we officially entered the campus.

"You know what, I noticed some big changes from you since the day you were brought to the principal's office." He said as we continued walking towards our building.

"What do you mean changes?" I curiously asked while we slowly walks toward the stairs.

"Well, not that those changes keeps on bothering me but to tell you honestly, it really did. Sometimes I ask myself whenever I see you, "is he really the Kenneth San Jose we met on the first day of classes when we were on the fifth grade?" Then I would just shook my head trying to wonder about you." He replied. Then a total silence was enveloped between us. Well, people around us ate really noisy but on my part, it feels like Sean Lew is the only person I hear. And not hearing his voice makes the surrounding silent.

Am I really changing? Does these changes bother them?

I wasn't able to answer his question but lucky enough, Bailey arrived just in time to break the silence between the two of us.

"Hello guys!" Bailey greeted us as she wrapped her arms both on our necks.

"Hi. Did you just arrive?" Sean asked her as he looked at Bailey.

"Yep. Is it late already?" She said as she grabbed my left wrist and read the time plastered on my watch. "I just came to school on time. Yay!" She said and that made me and Sean laugh at her reaction.

"Why are you laughing at me?" She asked us and then she removed her arms wrapped pur our neck and then she stood between Sean and I.

"Nothing. Its just that, you're not really yourself today." I answered her and that made her walk faster and then stopped in front of us and extended her hands to make a "stop sign."

"What do you mean by that?" She asked.

"Well, you always come to school 30 minutes earlier or earlier than that. And you've never been this jolly whenever were inside the classroom. It feels like you're someone else." I stated.

"You both are." Sean answered back and Bailey and I looked at Sean. "Well, you both seems changing everyday and I can't fully understand why." He continued at he removes his glasses and wipe its lenses.

Then, a crazy idea popped out my head making me smile and showing my teeth.

"Why don't we do something crazy today?" I asked. We stopped at the hallway near our classroom and they both looked at me full of curiosity.

"What do you mean by crazy?" Sean asked.

"Well, next week I'll be having my official practice for the basketball team and it'll take a lot of weeks before I can go back to our classroom. And before that happens, I want us three to do something crazy. What do you say?" I asked again.

"Let us hear first what you mean by that." Bailey said as she crossed her arms.

"Today, were gonna be someone else."