28√

» XXVIII «
Kenneth's

"Why can't I sleep?!" I irritatedly whisper to myself as I stood from my bed. I walk towards my window and stayed seated in there while looking at the dark sky.

"I think... I already like you, Bails."

I took a deep sigh as I recalled the words I said in front of her. What was I thinking?! Why did I ever say that to her?! I wasn't supposed to tell her that but those words just slip my mouth... Argh! What if she started avoiding me first thing in the morning? What if she pushes me away?! What if she doesn't want to see me anymore?!

"These thoughts are killing me!" I said irritated as I take my fingers on my hair. "I need to get this out of my head," I told myself and went to wear my shoes and a hoodie before quietly exited the house. Well, I don't want to wake anyone because it's just 2 in the morning and nobody's around this time.

I plugged my earphones on my eyes as I picked a random song on my music list and I started running away.

[Lauv - Breathe]

I've watched those eyes light
River in the not good times
Oh, you taught me all that I know
I've seen your soul grow just like a rose
Made it through all those thorns
Girl into the woman I know

I immediately stopped as soon as I noticed the gate of the school. I didn't even notice that I was already in front of the campus. Was I really running that fast?
I stood there silently as I focused my gaze on the whole campus. It was so dark. So scary. Yet, it was calming.

And it's killing me, me to say "I'm fine", I'm fine.
When I really mean, mean to say

And I was about to continue running when I shift my gaze into the street light and there I saw a shadow of a woman. Her shadow.

You're my all and more
All I know you taught me, yeah
You're my all and more
But I need room to breathe, yeah.

"Kaycee?" I asked as I pulled my earphones off and walk towards the street light. But the song still echoes on my ears as I walk towards her.