Chapter 3: No Pictures, Please

"Okay, that was weird," Alex said as she and Maggie walked into the DEO command center.

"Seemed fine to me," Maggie said.

"It seemed fine to you? The door scanner didn't recognize me, but it recognized you. That seemed fine to you?"

Maggie grinned. "Machines are glitchy."

"Hey, Sawyer," a soldier said as he passed by, then gave Alex an odd, sideways look.

"Hey, Alvarez," Sawyer replied with a smile.

Alex watched the soldier walk off then said, "Plus everyone acts like you're their best friend and I'm public enemy number one. Maggie, I don't think I'm supposed to be here."

"It's fine," Maggie replied. "Like you said, I'm everyone's best friend. Just stick with me, and no one will say anything."

"Sawyer!" Hank Henshaw's voice rang across the command center as he strode toward them. "What's she doing here? Do you know who she is?"

"Uh, Alex...Danvers?" Maggie replied. Her voice lilting up at the end.

"Exactly, Danvers as in Danvers!" Hank barked out. "She can't be here. Do you know who her family is? Do you have any idea what you've done? Give me one good reason, just one, why you would bring her in here. You have thirty seconds before I start the court-martial proceeding!"

"Uhhh..." Maggie glanced over at Alex who looked just as unprepared, then snapped her fingers and said to Hank, "Kelataku alien."

"A kelataku alien?" Hank asked, obviously concerned.

Maggie nodded.

"We need containment, stat!" Hank said into his radio.

"What? No!" Alex said stepping away as she looked over at Maggie. "I'm going to kill you!"

"She's getting hostile. The parasites must be active," Hank said. "Take her down!"

As soldiers advanced on Alex, she fought them off. She punched, kicked, elbowed, threw knees, rolled past them, jumped at them, and even threw in a head butt when they finally managed to take her down.

"She fought hard," Hank said wiping blood from his nose. "I'm sorry about this, Dr. Danvers, but we're here to help you. You've been infected by an alien. I know this is a lot to take in but try and relax. Your increased adrenaline actually makes this one worse."

"I'm not infected! There's no alien! Maggie, I'm going to kill you! You're a dead woman!" Alex called as they dragged her off.

"Good work getting her in here, Agent Sawyer," Hank said clapping Maggie on the shoulder. "Looks like you got her here just in time. The doctor doesn't have a history of violence and no military training, yet she took on a half dozen well-armed soldiers and held her own."

"Well, when a kelataku alien gets its parasites into you, you become a different person. I was happy I was able to lead her into here so quietly. I was hoping I'd be able to bring her down to the containment unit without getting her upset but then—"

"Then I saw you two," Hank said. "Apologies. I should have trusted you, Sawyer. You're a damn fine agent, the best I have. If you were breaking procedure, I should have known there was a reason. Oh, by the way, what happened with the Luthor technology piece I sent you to check out this morning? We have reports of Lena Luthor being taken to the hospital. Any alien insurgency?"

"Ah..." Maggie considered how much it was safe to reveal. If Alex didn't work for the DEO and these guys were anti-Supergirl, then she was likely speaking to the real Hank Henshaw, not J'onn J'onzz. Although she didn't intend to let any of these people know who she really was, it might not be safe to give them enough even to start to trace back what really happened. "The thing was a flop. It was supposed to store solar energy or something, but it shorted out, and she shocked herself. Then Supergirl showed up and took Lena to the hospital."