Chapter 8: I Seriously Considered Setting an Orphanage on Fire

<Author note: This chapter takes place in the 'alternate dimension' with  'our dimension's' characters. I will try and post this at the beginning of every chapter just to keep folks in the right head space when reading. Feedback always appreciated.>   

"Alex? Maggie?" Kara asked as she climbed in through the living room window in what looked like her apartment.

After a few seconds the light came on, and Maggie and Alex appeared, both with weapons in hand.

"Oh, hey, Kara. Why are you here? What are you wearing?"

"Oh, it's a George Stavropoulos. Do you like it?" Kara asked, holding out the skirt of her dress and spinning slowly.

"Fancy," Maggie said.

"Is something wrong?" Alex asked, tying her robe closed.

Kara nodded. "It's Lena."

"What's wrong with Lena?" Alex asked.

"She..." Kara closed her eyes, taking in and letting out a breath before opening her eyes and saying, "She wants to have sex with me. Can I just stay here with you guys and hide out?"

"Well I—"

"I got this," Maggie said, walking toward Kara. "Hold up your hand."

Kara held her hand above her head.

Jumping up slightly to slap it, Maggie said, "Tag, I'm it. I've got Lena. What's your address?"

"Get your ass back here!" Alex barked at her girlfriend. "She's upset, and you're not helping."

"I'm trying to help," Maggie mumbled as she walked back to Alex.

"What was that?" Alex asked, arms folded across her chest.

"Yes, dear," Maggie replied with a smile that showed off her dimples.

"Better." Alex took a seat on the couch, patting another seat for Kara. "You've got girl problems?"

"Serious ones," Kara replied as she sat down. "She told me that unless there was an orphanage burning down I needed to be home tonight for sex. Actually, she said loud sex to bother my mother-in-law and drive Lillian out of the house. I had dinner with Lillian Luthor, who was really nice to me and that's super weird by the way, and now Lena wants to have sex with me. Alex, what do I do?"

Without looking, Alex pointed at Maggie and said, "Don't say anything."

"I didn't," Maggie argued. "Oh, except for that...and that. I'm shutting up now."

"Okay, so Lena wants to have sex with you, and you don't want to have sex with her?" Alex clarified.

"I don't think so."

"You don't think so?" Alex asked.

"I mean no. I don't want to. She's married to Kara, but not me Kara other me Kara. She's not even Lena. Plus, she's Lena," Kara said.

Alex leaned back rerunning that answer. She repeated it, her finger moving up and down as she tried to follow along. "Okay, that either made perfect sense or no sense at all. Maggie, as much as I hate to admit it, I might need your help. Oh, but you can't just tell her to have sex with Lena because Lena is hot."

"Oh." Maggie shrugged, taking a seat on the floor near the sisters. "I'm not sure how much help I can be then. That's kind of my go-to move." Maggie took a deep breath and asked, "Okay, I do have one piece of advice that might be relevant here. I have discovered that you shouldn't live with regrets. You should kiss the girls you want to kiss. Even when relationships didn't turn out well, I didn't regret those kisses, but I have regretted the kisses I skipped. I almost walked away from your sister, and that would have been the worst mistake of my life." She looked up at Alex who was smiling. "How am I doing so far?"