Chapter 12: On a Scale from One to Ten...

<Author note: This takes place in the other dimension with the characters from our dimension.> 

"Okay, what's the plan for today?" Alex asked washing the last of the dishes.

"Uh, I don't know," Maggie replied as she kept going through her contacts. "Okay, I have someone here listed as 'Never Again.' What do you think that means?"

"Well, I'm going to assume that it means: Never Again. Perhaps it is the anti-booty call reminder?"

"Sheesh. You should see some of the things I have tagged in here after guys' names. I think I'm kind of a slut."

Alex laughed as she dried her hands and walked into the living room. "You have my contact information in there?"

"Yup, Dr. Alex Danvers." Maggie made her way to Alex's name. "It lists you as a potential and has four stars next to you. What does that mean?"

Taking the phone and putting it on the table, Alex leaned over her girlfriend. "It means I'm insulted. I am way more than a potential, and I should have more than four stars."

Maggie smiled. "Oh, I agree on both counts, Danvers. What's the rating system here?"

Kissing Maggie's neck, Alex asked, "As in a scale of one to what?"

"Yup. Mmmm that feels good. Don't stop."

"I wasn't planning on it," Alex replied. "Let's go with a scaled of one to ten."

Running her hands through Alex's hair, Maggie said, "So on a scale of one through ten, I'd give you a...twelve."

"A twelve?" Alex asked, pulling back her head so she could look at Maggie.

Maggie nodded. "You used to be an eleven. Your stars are rising."

Laughing, Alex kissed Maggie briefly. "What do I need to get to thirteen?"

"Ooof. Thirteen takes some work, Danvers. You up for putting in the effort?"

"I could be persuaded."

Maggie rose from the couch, taking Alex's hand and drawing the other woman to stand also. As Maggie walked backward, she pulled Alex with her. "Well, first of all, you need to clean up some."

"I just did the dishes."

"No, no, not this place, you. I mean this slept in disheveled look is hot and all, but you're real classy. Thirteens are all real classy. We need to clean you up."

"Oh, clean me up. So I need to go...?

Her smile growing until dimples showed, Maggie nodded.

"And what will you be doing while I clean up?" Alex asked knowingly.

"Helping. I'm a helper."

Maggie never let go of Alex's hands as she led her girlfriend to the bathroom. She undressed Alex, enjoying every step of the process and by the look on Alex's face, so did Alex. Then Maggie undressed herself. Maggie started the shower, checking the temperature. Too cold or too hot could ruin a perfectly fun time and she planned to have fun. She pulled back the curtain stepping in while taking Alex's hand and gently encouraging her girlfriend to do the same.

"So this is the path to become a thirteen?" Alex asked as Maggie turned her around, Alex's back to the water as she stepped under the warmth.

"Oh, absolutely. Would I ever steer you wrong?"

"You? Never. You're a police detective. You'd never lie."

"Right, cops never lie," Maggie said with a laugh. She turned Alex sideways to face the shower stall. "Assume the position."