Chapter 7: Pookie-bear

<Author note: This chapter takes place in 'our dimension' with the 'alternate dimension' characters. I will try and post this at the beginning of every chapter just to keep folks in the right head space when reading. Feedback always appreciated.> 

 "Kara, what are you doing?" Alex asked as Kara threw clothing on the bed in her apartment.

"Packing."

"For what? Sweetie, you don't need a plane to travel, and you aren't going anywhere so...wait, are you going somewhere?"

Kara smiled brightly. "I'm going to see Lena."

"Sweetie, that's not Lena."

"I know that, but she's like Lena. It's interesting. Don't you think it's interesting? She was really nice when I met her. Well, kind of...formal, but nice. Plus she's pretty and—"

"Kara...sit," Alex said, pointing at the bed. When her sister sat down, Alex took a big breath. "Kara, I adore you, but you get too much energy for things sometimes. You're like a big Labrador that thinks they're a lap dog. You even curl up in people's laps. Do you want to curl up in Lena's lap?"

Smiling, Kara nodded quickly.

"Kara, don't curl up in Lena's lap. That's going to be weird. You and she aren't together here."

"I know," Kara replied, rolling her eyes. "But she said we were friends and that I was her family. We could snuggle and stuff."

"You're planning to pack up your clothes to go snuggle with your wife's doppelganger?"

Kara considered the question, then said, "Well, we might snuggle. Maybe we'll watch a movie and have some popcorn."

"You're insane. Just...stop. Whatever is going on in that little Kryptonian brain of yours, don't do it."

Smiling, Kara hopped up and began to put clothes into her suitcase. "I just want to see her. On Krypton, we had strong family units. We stayed with our family. It doesn't feel right being away from Lena. Even when I have to go and do a mission, I fly back to her as soon as I can. I never sleep away from her if I can manage it. Not staying with Lena would be wrong."

"No, staying with Lena would be wrong. You have a wife."

"Lena."

"No, not...Okay, yes, Lena, but not this Lena. You remember your wife is not that woman who looks like your wife, right?" Alex asked, trying to make eye contact with her sister while she spoke.

"By Rao, Alex, I'm not an idiot." Kara turned, hands on hips while she stared at her sister. "What do you think I'm going to do, go over there and try and seduce her? I'm a married woman. I would never cheat on my wife. You know me better than that."

"I apologize. I didn't mean—"

Kara held up her hand.

"You just get excitable sometimes."

"I know. Lena says I'm passionate." Kara beamed, throwing more clothes into her suitcase.

"You're sure about this?"

"Oh, absolutely. Lena will be pissed at me if I don't do this."

"Wait, what? Which Lena?"

"My Lena."

"Explain," Alex asked, her hand rolling in front of her.

"Okay, Lena is a scientist. Now she's going to be beside herself that she didn't get kicked to this dimension with us. She would have loved that. Agreed?" Kara asked.