Chapter 17: Falling In Love With Your Wife Again

<Author note: This takes place in our dimension with the characters from the other dimension.>

"They serve pot stickers here?" Kara asked folding her napkin in her lap as she took her seat.

"They serve whatever you want anywhere if you know how to ask," Lena replied, her finger running up and down the stem of her water glass. "My company has booked a few parties here. It makes them very happy to have L-Corp's business, so they like to make me happy in return."

"I imagine making you happy must be..." Kara searched for a word that wasn't one of the flirtatious ones jumping to mind. It was hard not to flirt with Lena. After all these years, it was a reflex. Finally, she settled on, "...good for business."

"Oh, certainly," Lena replied, not seeming to notice the pause. "We all have itchy backs in need of scratching."

"Well if you ever need someone to..." Kara managed to let that statement die on the vine. "Here comes the waiter."

The man was young but impeccably dressed. He stopped, nodded, and said, "Miss Luthor. I've been told your food order was already placed. Would you like menus for anything additional?"

"Potstickers?" Kara said, smiling brightly.

As if summoned by the word, a server showed up with a large platter, putting them on a fold out table she opened up next to Kara. The blonde's eyes popped open as she pulled the metal lid off the serving dish. There were perhaps two dozen pot stickers there. Taking her plate in one hand, she piled six of them on it with the chopsticks from her place setting. When she looked back at Lena, there was a salad in front of the other woman, but Lena was watching her with amusement.

"What?" Kara asked as she put her plate down.

"You, your metabolism," Lena replied. "Honestly, Kara, you're blessed. If I looked at half the food you eat, I wouldn't fit in my elevator let alone through my office door."

"Well, I work out a lot," Kara replied, taking a bite of pot sticker and smiling happily, her eyes closing as she did so. "Mmmm, these are good. Are you going to eat any?"

"No thank you."

That just made Kara's smile grow. "You know, Lena, you're perfect. You let me crash with you, take me out for potstickers, and you don't even eat any. As far as I'm concerned, my infestation problem can go on indefinitely."

Lena laughed. "Well, hardly perfect. I'm sure I have some simply awful habits."

"Name one," Kara replied, pointing with her chopsticks.

"Well, I'm quite demanding."

"A perfectionist," Kara countered.

"A work-a-holic."

"An overachiever." Kara smiled.

Forearms on the table, Lena stared at Kara and said, "I bring up issues from long ago that would be best forgotten."

Elbows on the table and hands folded under her chin, Kara grinned while she said, "You have an amazing memory, an astounding mind, Miss Luthor."

"I sometimes leave the top off the toothpaste."

Throwing her napkin on the table, Kara stood up, raising a hand and said, "Check!"

Lena laughed. "Oh, sit down you." She waved off the waiter who came over while Kara sat back down. "It seems like you're still in a good mood this evening. How was work?"

"Ummm..." Kara nodded, picking up another pot sticker and examining it. "It was interesting. That Snapper Carr is an odd bird. He's grumpy, isn't he?"