11 | you are mine. forever.

Our love consumes me and I can't think of anything more binding for us to do.

"WHY ARE YOU dragging me outside?" Ria wonders as Chris rushes to her side of the car

"WHY ARE YOU dragging me outside?" Ria wonders as Chris rushes to her side of the car. "It's freezing."

"Stop complaining and let's go." He grins and slides his hand into hers. Beneath a tight grip, he helps tug her out of the car and into the cold.

They're at a park, though it's desolate and frozen over with blankets of snow masking the land. She smiles and takes in the winter wonderland despite her nose, fingers, and toes freezing over.

"Why are we here?" Her boots land on a slick part of the sidewalk and she squeals as her footing flies forward. Trying to save herself, she tugs at the front of Chris' coat and tries to pull herself up.

"Ria-" That's all he has time to say as his eyes widen and he begins to fall backward. He grabs her arms desperately and tugs her into him, sending them both falling into the snow. They collide with the soft cushion of fluffed out rain and the liquid begins to melt and seep into their clothes. "Shit," he groans and winces in pain.

"I'm so sorry!" She cries and uses him as a cushion to push herself up. "I didn't see the ice." She extends a hand and bites back a smile as Chris writhes and cringes in the snow, trying his hardest to stand up. "You look stupid," she giggles.

"Glad you think it's funny," he grumbles and grabs her hand. He hoists himself up and dusts off the snow. "Next time, you're falling first and I'm pulling myself up."

"That's rude." She simpers and shifts locks of escaping hair behind her ears. "I thought you were a gentleman."

Noticing the sudden softness in her voice, he returns her playful smile and pinches her nose between his cold fingers. "Who am I kidding? I could never put you in harm's way."

"Ouch!" Ria swipes his hand away and covers her sore nose. "Why'd you do that?"

"'Cause you laughed at me." He winks and shakes out his jacket. "Now let's try not to kill each other before I can give you this surprise."

Ria pokes her lips out in a pout and pretends to hold her nose in the air. "Fine," she mocks. "After that, I'm allowed to kill you."

Talons of guilt pierce the back of her skull while she plays as if everything is normal. Plays as if she isn't deciding to break up with him by the end of the night.

"I see," he chuckles. "Just using me for my goods. Alright" — he tugs his wool hat over his ears and shakes his shoulders out — "let's go before we freeze to death out here."

"Okay." Ria smiles, pretending she's happy. Pretending that just yesterday she wasn't in the mansion of Vincent Menshikov making further arrangements regarding Ashton. Like she doesn't have a prescription of fertility enhancers hiding in her dresser drawer next to the promise ring Ashton gave her months ago.