29 | from a dream to a nightmare

You can't just throw your life away.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Ria's drowsy voice reaches out

Ashton spares her a brief glance as she rustles under the bedsheets before returning to scribbling in a hotel notepad. "Baby names," he mutters.

"Ashton." Ria's sluggish fingers find his bare waist and she slowly wraps her arm around him. Her soft breasts brush against his side. "Are you really looking at baby names so soon?"

"Of course. We can't waste any time. I came up with ten male and ten female so far." He flops the pad next to her bedhead. "Tell me what you think. Some of them are unisex too. Also, I forwarded you a list of all the do's and don'ts during pregnancy. We're going to need to watch your diet and no more wine."

"No," Ria moans overdramatically. She tightens her arm and nuzzles her face in the side of his stomach.

"I also looked up some classes we can take on having kids and how to deal with a pregnancy. Once we deal with Vincent, we should definitely schedule some."

"You're so cute when you're serious," she whispers and kisses his abdomen.

Ria's mischievous lips travel down to his pelvis and blood immediately rushes through his body. Her lips find themselves getting lower and Ashton stiffens.

"Don't do that," he groans and shifts his hips away from her.

"Why?" She pouts. "I thought you liked it."

"I do." He cups her chin and brushes her bedhead back and away from her radiant eyes. "You know what'll happen if we start this in the morning. We'll never get out of bed and we have to handle some important business today."

Her expression immediately sinks. "You mean Chris. Can't we just pretend he doesn't exist?"

"I wish, princess." He brushes her dangerous lips with his. "Now that we're going to be parents, we have to learn how to be more responsible. That means putting important things over our desires."

She grins against his mouth. "Is this Ashton in Dad Mode? I kind of like it."

Dad.

Ashton is going to be a father in less than nine months. Hell, he's technically a father right now. The idea is riveting. Otherworldly. Like a dream come true. And in his universe, dreams are nothing but a far off fantasy.

"Question." He teases his fingers along her stomach, still flat, but will soon have the smallest bump as proof of their child's growth. "Will we have to start buying condoms?"

"No." She places her hand over his. "If we're lucky enough to have another, then let's have another."

"I like the sound of that." A soft smile touches his lips. "I can't believe I got you pregnant so fast. I mean, I've been trying to stay healthy. Still, I've only been back for a month."