13 | innocently falling

I've been writing poetry every day thinking about you.

SOMEHOW VIVIAN HAS GROWN more beautiful in the months that Jared hasn't seen her

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

SOMEHOW VIVIAN HAS GROWN more beautiful in the months that Jared hasn't seen her. As they're left alone while everyone else clambers upstairs to assist Ashton in packing, he is free to admire her without shame; remembering the plains of her fair features.

A faint glow surrounds her like a halo. She seems happier.

Probably because she's been with the love of her life all this time.

He kicks his shoe at the ground, longing for the squeak against the linoleum to cease their silence. Unease settles in the pit of his stomach as he realizes he's sabotaging her happiness. Have they been together? Will she be mad at me for this? I'm sure she was living her best life with him. He shoves jealous feelings aside and smiles at her instead.

"You look amazing..." Timidity seeps through each syllable and exposes his apprehension. "You seem happy," he adds, afraid he might be coming on too strong.

Vivian's cheeks flush like crimson roses and she pulls her bright gaze away from him. "Thank you. I didn't have enough time to really get ready." She grabs the fabric of her skirt and twirls it slowly, nervously, like a shy child. "This is the best I could come up with."

Faint laughter breathes from his lips. "The outfit is cute, but I mean you look amazing. You seem rested. Healthier." Like an angel of night.

"Oh!" Her reddish lips form a small o. "I have been feeling a little better lately."

"That's good." He leans forward, sweaty hands deep in his pockets, and musters up an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry I kind of came here to steal Ashton."

"You know, I feel like I should be sad." A flick of her wrist swipes stray hairs from her face. She presses her lips into a line as she thinks of a way to finish. "I don't feel sad that he picked her. I feel happy that he's going to be with someone that makes him happier than I could ever try to." She begins twisting her skirt again. "I guess we just broke up."

"Are you okay with that?" He only asks when tears shine in her eyes and she sucks her lips between her teeth.

Vivian bobs her head and covers her mouth. "I'm sorry," she chokes out and clears her throat. "I'm not sad. Really. It just hurts, I guess. I mean, the only thing keeping me alive for years was the thought of reuniting with him. Though nothing is how I imagined it to be and now I feel like loving him was wasted."

"Nonono." Jared grabs her wrists and instinctively pulls her closer. Though he doesn't expect Vivian to lean into him and his entire being ignites as her tender body is suddenly flush against his. He becomes rigid and it's like all of his senses have come to life at once. He can feel every part of her that touches him and practically taste her sweet fragrance. "Ashton was-" he stops to steady his voice, "he was your anchor and that's fine. Whatever made you want to fight to stay alive is never a waste."