26 | the devil's plan

You've become a lot darker than I expected.

VINCENT PULLS OUT of Camilla and eases his fingers from around her delicate throat

VINCENT PULLS OUT of Camilla and eases his fingers from around her delicate throat. Her thighs quiver around his waist, sweaty with lust burning between them. She stares at him with haze in her eyes and runs her hand up his chest. Her clamy fingertips stroke his firm jaw.

"M-maybe it'll work this time," she pants.

"Maybe." Vincent leans down to kiss her lightly swollen lips while dragging his nails up her smooth leg. "If not, we'll just find you some different enhancers to take."

"Okay. I love you."

He smiles and finds her lips with his again. "I know."

A brief flicker of hurt sparks in her alluring eyes, sending a feeling of pure ecstasy through his body. He grins and kisses her shoulder while forcing her legs further apart to close the space between them. "If we end up pregnant, you know you'll have to leave your husband, right? I know you don't sleep with him. He's going to get suspicious."

"We'll have time to figure that out, Vincent." Pleasure dissipates from her silky voice and irritation takes its place. "Stop trying to get me on your side with this."

"Why are you on Ashton's side? Why do you care about his life so much?" He leans up and bores his eyes into hers. Even if he knows it's futile, he attempts to intimidate her.

Camilla merely shoves at his chest, forcing him back. She sits up and brushes dark rivers over her shoulder. "Ashton is like a son to me," she claims with more emotion than he likes. "Vivian is like a daughter or a little sister. Even if they don't see me that way, I care about them. They don't deserve to be put through your stupid schemes."

"Well, I promised you Vivian's freedom, did I not?" He grabs her jaw and forces her to look at him when she turns her head. "I've given up on her."

Camilla narrows her eyes. "Only a fool would trust you blindly. You've lied before."

He smirks and leans in to kiss the corner of her mouth. "That is why you're so special, Camilla Menshikov. I can't wait until I officially make you mine."

At those words, sadness takes a hold of her gaze for the briefest moment. For once, Vincent feels hurt. He doesn't like it. The doubt she's been harboring as of late. Her hesitation. She's grown more and more vocal with her opinion of his choices and he can't risk losing her. He won't risk it.

Once she's carrying his child, she'll have no choice but to be his.

A hesitant knock reaches the bedroom door, echoing in their silence. He groans and shifts over her to climb out of bed. Padding across the room stark naked, he swings his door open to see Alik standing stiffly by the threshold.