35 | promises engraved in constellations

I'm going to make you this happy for the rest of our lives.

EVERYTHING AND NOTHING AT ALL

EVERYTHING AND NOTHING AT ALL. That's exactly what Ashton is feeling. Weightless yet overwhelmed. Excitement runs through his veins but fear crawls over his limbs. His mind is restless, waiting for the sun to rise and awaken the rest of the world like him so he is not the only one who must think about the forthcoming events.

Today, he is getting married.

He turns his head to Ria slumbering so close to him. Body touching his. Hair disheveled and floating occasionally as her soft breaths lift it from her crimson lips.

He loves this woman so much it hurts his entire body. His soul aches for her. Even as they are about to practice the most ceremonious act of love, he feels like there's so much more he can do with her.

They have an entire life to live together.

The weight of his heart increases tremendously and he just can't take it. The urge to cry is immense, either from depression playing a vicious game with his emotions or simply feeling too much at once.

He relieves himself from bed and gravitates towards their bedroom window. The sky is dark but a sliver of the sun's aura peeks and teases the horizon. The past three days here have been a dream. Exploring every crevice of the city and watching as the land changes depending on where they travel.

Ashton's never been to the countryside but he loves it. He loves how the air is different. How he can see so many more stars than he thought existed. Everything is so much quieter. He and Ria were able to read and talk and laugh with nothing but the insects to make noise around them.

"Ashton..." Ria's voice is silky with sleep.

He glances at her stirring under the sheets from over his shoulder. "Hey."

"Are you nervous?" she whispers. She sits up slightly and brushes bed hair out of her face.

"A little."

"Me too."

Silence. Soft breaths and long stares. Ashton stares out the window again. "I don't want to go back."

"I know. I wish we could stay." Her voice livens with emotion. "I wish he didn't exist so we can just be happy like this all the time."

"Ria..."

"I don't want to go back. I just want to be happy." She sniffs and rubs her eyes furiously. "I want us to enjoy our lives together and be happy."

"Hey, hey." He leaves his post by the window and slips back into bed with her. "Don't cry about that. Especially not on our special day." He wipes under her eyes before caressing the curve of her cheek. "We're only going back temporarily, okay?"

She nods silently.

"We'll go back to New York and pack our things. I'll make sure everything was handled smoothly with him. We can come right back, Ria. I promise. Okay?"