Chapter 3

A sharp pain pierced my side making me jolt awake and look around in terror to see what had caused the pain. My eyes landed softly on the beautiful woman next to me cuddled up under the sheets with a sleepy smile. Her eyes were still clamped shut still in a trance of her dream. The way her elbow was positioned told me she had jabbed me in the side with it. I frowned noticing a small bruise forming on my side and got up from the bed. I gathered some clothes from the closet. My eyes instinctively glanced across the closet to make sure the pile of clothes I used to hide Camila's birthday present was still protecting the surprise. When I saw it was covered well enough, I walked out and into the bathroom to take a shower. I pulled off my shirt over my head and looked myself in the mirror, staring down at the now formed bruise. I let out a brief sigh and climbed into the bathtub after fully stripping down.

The hot water helped ease the pain from Camila's recent action. I turned the knobs and in return, the water stopped pouring and started to drip. I exited the shower and dried myself before putting on fresh clothes. I opened the bathroom door and poked my head outside and saw Camila still fast asleep. The steam from the water poured out of the bathroom mixing with the colder air in the bedroom. I treaded down the stairs and sat on the couch for a moment and grabbed the TV remote. I turned on the TV with a quick motion and changed the channel to the news before getting back up and heading towards the kitchen across the way. I gathered the needed ingredients for breakfast and set them aside while grabbing pans.

Soft thumping could be heard from the stairs making me turn my head to see what the noise was. Camila, wrapped in a towel, padded down the stairs and carried herself across the living room towards the island sitting herself down on a sturdy stool. She set her elbows on the island and rested her head on her palms watching me cook.

"Good morning," I smiled to myself and glanced at Camila, "sunshine."

A light shade of pink flooded her cheeks and she smiled with a scrunch of her nose. I grinned at how cute she was and continued to pay attention to what I was doing. Her head left her palms laying her arms on the marble island. "What day is it, Y/n?" She raised an eyebrow and stared at me intently.

"Hmm," I pretended to think and responded, "Sunday."
In the corner of my eye, I caught Camila roll her eyes and huff. I turned off the burner and chuckled. I sat in front of her and smiled. "I'm kidding, it's your birthday. Happy birthday, babe."

I threw my hand out across the island letting it land with an open palm. She reached across and laced our fingers together. "I thought I was going to need to dump your ass for a second,"

She let a smile spread across her lips. I laughed and leaned across the flat marble countertop to peck her lips. I hopped off my own stool and over to the stove to put food on plates. Camila had gotten up herself and back up the stairs to probably change into some clothes. I finished putting food on plates and slid one across the dining table and setting my plate on the other side.

"Mila!

"Yeah?"

"What do you want to drink?"

"OJ please."

I filled up her a cup and mine as well. I set her drink next to her plate and my drink by my plate. I set up the utensils and napkins and sat down waiting for a little bit. After a few minutes I stared over at the stairs willingly. How come she hasn't came down yet? Oh no, has she found my present. The thought made me rush up the stairs and see what was taking so long. I opened the door to see her still in her towel standing like a stone wall staring inside the closet. Her finger was on her bottom lip while her eyebrows were ruffled.