Chapter 10

URGENT: Dinah like a tweet about Camila's song Havana but then she unliked it!!! Caminah where are you?? I miss you
~~~

She stared at me in disbelief for a moment before a grin formed. She chuckled and shook her head, "He's not getting out until a few more years."

I furrowed my eyebrows on how unbelievable she was being. This was serious and she's taking this like I'm joking. "Mila, I'm not kidding. He's out of jail," I pulled out my phone and went to his Twitter showing her his recent tweet.

@ShawnMendes
I'M BACKKK!!
3:47 pm

She rolled her eyes and took the phone out of my hand. Her eyes widened when she saw the tweet. Her face faltered and she placed a hand over her mouth. She shook her head not wanting to believe what she saw. She looked at me with frightened eyes.

"Y/n, this isn't funny. This has to be fake. This has to be just a joke," she stared at me waiting for an answer. She shoved me back a bit and cried, "Tell me this isn't real." She held the phone in front of my face waving it in the air as if it were a flag. When I still didn't reply she said, "Please Y/n. Tell me."

I let the silence settle in and grabbed the phone from her hold. I set it down and hugged her desperately. She instantly tightened her grip around me. Her nails dug into my back as if she was holding on to me for dear life. Low sobs filled the silence in the room. When I began to walk, she wrapped her legs around me in a koala hug. I sat down on the couch and let her cry for as long as she needed. I rubbed her back soothingly quietly shushing her as if she would actually stop crying.

When her sobs became less and less, I mumbled, "I will be with you through all of this. I will never leave you alone—ever. I will make sure you're safe and I'll make sure no one will hurt you."

She slightly moved back and looked me in the eyes. She switched her gaze from one eye to the other trying to see if I was telling her different. A gush of air left her mouth and she held out her pinky. "Do you promise?"

"I promise," I locked my pinky with hers. I watched as the black ink on our pinkies collided as we locked them together.
~~~
It felt like ours of holding her in my arms. I knew she never fell asleep. She just stayed there, thinking. The door swung open revealing Roger and a few other people behind him.

"Hey, Camila. Have you worked on anything?" Roger questioned looking over at the soundboard then back at us.

Camila's back was faced toward them, blocking her face. I stared at them and shook my head. "We received some bad news. It's not a good time right now," I told him.

I looked behind Roger noticing the people who were standing there awkwardly. I would have to admit, if I walked into a room and saw someone cuddled up into someone else crying, I wouldn't know what to do.

"Mila, babe." I tapped on her shoulder signaling her to turn around.

She turned to face them. When she lifted her head she looked horrible. Red, puffy eyes. Tears streaming down her face. Hands shaking. She was utterly terrified. Their faces filled with sorrow when they saw her.

"Camila, this is Benny Blanco." He gestured towards him. She forced a smile and waved. Benny returned the gesture.

Benny moved out of the way of the other person revealing Pharrell. Her eyes instantly lit up. "Hi. Sorry about me having a break down over here," she croaked out with a shy laugh.