Chapter 12

Camila is really dedicated to her music. I'll be at home sleeping or doing whatever while she's in the studio working her butt off till 2 in the morning. I keep telling her she needs her sleep but she denies. It kind of gets on my nerves when she tells me otherwise but I get it, I was like that once too. Soon she'll understand she's been over working herself so I'll just let her do what she has to do.

Last night she told me she produced a new song with Benny Blanco and Sia. She wanted me to listen to it before she releases it in about a week. I told her I would come listen to it in the morning and that's what I did.

We sold off the Jeep so it wouldn't take up space. I got in my car and headed down to the studio to meet Camila there since she stayed overnight. She's been doing that lately and it makes me miss her at overnight. Of course I have work of my own so I don't hang around with Camila that often. Plus, my studio is pretty much all the way across the city unlike hers which is basically right next to our house. I've been thinking about putting a studio in my house.

I parked up next to the studio since I wouldn't be there long since I had an interview in an hour. I trudged into the building and down to Camila's studio room. I knocked on the door before walking in. I smiled at the sight before me. Camila was balled up on the couch hugging a pillow. Her eyes were tightened shut making me worry. Then I noticed tears falling down her cheeks. I rushed over to her side shaking her lightly.

"Mila, what's wrong?" I asked looking around to find the room empty.

Her eyes fluttered open. Once she saw me, she jumped into my arms holding on to me for dear life.

"What happened?"

She steadied her breathing before speaking. "It's Shawn," she answered.

I was still confused. Shawn wasn't even in the same state or anything. Her arm extended and she pointed at her phone. I settled down on the couch with her in my lap. I grabbed her phone typing in her password and going into Twitter.

"I told you to stop going on Twitter," I reminded her.

"I know, it was only one time and then I saw it."

I went over to Shawn's Twitter and scrolled down until I found the tweet that had frightened her to the bone.

@ShawnMendes
First stop on tour, MIAMI!!
10:23 am

"Dammit Shawn," I muttered.

I kissed Camila's temple to maybe sooth her a little. She smiled and looked at me. As I held her in my arms I asked, "I was thinking about using one of the rooms as a studio. Is that okay?"

She shrugged and questioned, "Which room?"

"The one with all the boxes," I replied.

She rose one eyebrow, "What will we do with the boxes?"

"I'll find a way to get rid of them. Do you wanna help with that?"

"Sure, when?"

"Do a little tonight and the rest tomorrow unless you have work to do."

"No that's fine, I'll help."

She pecked my lips and I moved her to where she sat next to me. I stood and stuffed my hands in my pockets. I heard the door open and I turned to see Roger and Benny step in.
"Hey," I greeted them and they responded with a wave.

Camila stood to her feet and walked over to the soundboard. "You ready to listen, Y/n?"

I remembered the reason why I came over here and nodded. I padded over to stand next to her. The song started playing and I couldn't help but smile.

The song came to an end. I hugged her and twirled her around. "It sounds so good. They'll love it," I complimented the song.

"I'm glad you like it. We're shooting the music video soon." She added.

I grinned, "Really? I wanna be in it."

She giggled with a nod. "Well sorry to go so soon but I have work of my own."

She pouted but nodded knowing well I had to go and work at my own studio. I left the studio and down all the way across the city to my studio I was working at.
~~~
I listened to the front door slowly unlock and footsteps sound throughout the silence of the house. I headed down the hall to find Camila grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl on the island.

"What a surprise," I grinned.

It was unusual to find her here especially so early. I thought she'd be at the studio still working. She stared at the wall closest to the front door. Boxes on boxes lined the wall. "What're we going to do with these?" She walked over and opened one curious to see what was inside.

I shrugged and padded over to stand next to her. "Hoping we could go threw some today and start setting up the studio. Tomorrow we could possibly finish if you're up to do so. If not I could call over Max or something," I suggested heading back down the hall to enter the now empty room. Camila followed and stood behind me. It was possible Camila suddenly had a change of plans.

"Of course I will," she walked back down the hall to the boxes and asked, "Did you already make plans for the studio equipment?"

I nodded, "Yep. I've got a booth and microphone on the way and I could set up a few of my own guitars in there."

The whole time we chatted about anything we could come up with while we worked on sorting through the boxes. Camila collapsed on the couch when we went through the last box for the day. I trekked over to her and took a seat next to her.

"I called Max to see if he would come by and get these boxes for us," I mentioned.

Silence fell upon us and she stared into my eyes while I stared into hers wondering what she was thinking in that pretty little head of hers. Her hand found her wait to my jaw and she sat up to capture my upper lip.

"I haven't kissed you in a while," she said between kisses.

This was true, she hadn't. We've been so caught up in work that we hadn't had time for eachother. Maybe a few hours here and there but the rest was song writing and singing. It felt as though her lips were foreign to me. The doorbell rang separating Camila from me. I sighed contently and went over to open the door. Max was here for the boxes.

"That's Max," I muttered stepping over to the door.

I pulled open the door to meet the eyes of Max but instead was met by the ones that once crushed my world and tore it apart.

"Hey Y/n. Did you hear I was in town?"
---
So I'm going to end up updating more for Try Again since I'm wanting to enter it into the Watty's so that's that. That means these updates will be less frequent so sorry about that but I'll find time to work on this book. I love you all and thank u all so much for the support and love❤️❤️