Chapter 16

If I made a new book, would you guys want it to be G!P or just normal GirlxGirl?
---
Her eyes stared at mine as if she saw something valuable in them and was trying to figure out a way to get to it. She found out quicker than I had anticipated. I only stared back as my throat was dry. The air was thick and quiet. Her eyes tore away from mine and she let out a sigh when standing. Beginning to walk away, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards me. Her eyes landed on me with question and wonder though you could see the disappointment in them. Our hands separated but I locked my pinky with hers.

"Sit," I pleaded.

It was hard to know I was going to spill the secret I had tried to contain. Of course I could throw a lie out at her but I knew she would get past it and come flying at me with more of why I lied and end up getting the truth out of me; so I obliged. Pinkies still intact, Camila took a seat next to me. Gathering up the words and thoughts, I placed them all out in front of her to observe and consume.

"The reason why Shawn called and... and the reason I left to go to him was because I'm working for him, I guess."

She shook her head slowly but it soon sped up as she continued to process the words. Her eyebrows were drawn together as she looked up at me. Her actions were quick as she stood once again and glared down at me with confusion drawn all over her face.

"B-but why?" She asked eager to get all the information out of me.

I knew this was hard on her especially with all the things she has recently heard and gone through. All she wanted was answers and thats what I was going to give her.

"If I accepted to work for him, he would tell me the answers on why he did what he did. So I accepted and here we are," I responded.

"What do you do for him?" Her voice was shaky as if she was scared to hear the answer.

Shrugging I said, "His dirty work. Bribes, get people to do stuff, I don't know just stuff."

When I finished answering, she just stared at me as if she was still waiting for me to answer her question. Knowing what she meant by her gaze, I chuckled lightly. "No I haven't killed anyone. I mean not yet. I don't know his intentions."

She let out some air, turned to face forward, and sunk into the couch. She messed with her lip while deep in thought. She has been doing that often and sometimes I honestly don't know if she's trying to seduce me or just mindlessly doing it. My thoughts strayed to something else though. Something far more different and far more terrifying. Shawn's words flashed in my head, reminding me of something I hoped to not happen and prayed it wouldn't. Not again.

"You can't tell anyone about you working for me or Camila gets hurt. If you runaway, Camila gets hurt. If you do something wrong or disobedient, Camila gets hurt."

Though my thoughts were lost when I heard the slight sound of panting and uneven breathing. My head turned to be met with Camila's side profile. Her eyes stared at the wall wide and her mouth was agape considering her breathing. Tears quickly fell as if it was the beginning of a rain shower. They ran down her cheeks and dripped onto the couch. Worried, I launched myself at her and brought her into my arms. Her eyes were squeezed shut and she clung onto me for dear life.

"Camila, Camila. Shh... Shh..."

Camila cried and cried. I didn't know why she had suddenly bursted out bawling but I wasn't going to ask. I didn't need to. I wanted to so badly warn her of the danger that was Shawn and his whereabouts of knowing I had told somebody about me working for him. Did he already know though? How could he? I decided not to warn Camila because it was a risk for her to maybe blurt it out to people but for her also to never stop crying. I didn't want her to live in fear for the rest of her life.

"I don't want to lose you. I don't want to lose you! Don't leave me Y/n! Don't let this fucking asshole Shawn to hurt you and control you!" She wailed but it was muffled by her shedding tears onto my shirt.

While she was tightly nestled in my arms, I stared at the wall. I needed to keep Camila safe. For as long as needed because Shawn could already know and I don't need Camila to get hurt. Camila has already received too much damage and the rest needed to go to me. No matter how much pain, suffering, anything I have to go through, I'm willing to go through it all so Camila can live her life.

"I'm not leaving you, babygirl." I mumbled into her shoulder after I planted a chaste kiss on her neck.

She pushed herself off of me and held out her pinky. From then I already knew what was going to happen. She wiped away the remnants of tears and asked, "You promise?"

I was going to promise her. But I knew this was all going to get worse. I knew he already knew, and I knew this promise wasn't going to last.  I internally sighed and nodded.

"I promise."

---

I ran. Ran far away from that place. My chest burned and my heart hurt. The air was cold, burning my lungs as I sucked it in. I seized to turn my head to be met with buildings. No one was in sight. My legs slowed to a stop but I moved over into an alley. I should be away from view now. I bent over to catch my breath. The alley was dark and the sky was grey. I straightened up from bending over and was met with piercing eyes. A hand fastened to my neck choking me. The exits of the alleyway were blocked by tall, big men in black. The man had eyes of brown but they held the element of fire in them. I kicked and struggled to be released from his tightening grip but it only ended in failure.

"You already broke the rules, Y/ln. It's time for the consequences. Seems Camila had enough. Now its your turn." And with that his hold on me was released as he threw me to the ground.

My eyes widened. Opened to be precise. I was only met with darkness. My chest heaved, desperate for air. A weight had lifted from my chest and I was relieved to see Camila's head lifting from her place on my chest. Her hand pushed herself from me.

Fucking dream.

"Babe, you alright?"

I nodded vigorously as she leaned over me to flip on the bedside lamp. She slung her leg over me to rest on the other side of my body so she was sitting on my lap. We both just stared at each other. Stared like we both wanted something from each other but we didn't know exactly what. Her fingers ran across my chest and abdomen while my hands were planted at her waist. She leaned down to kiss me. Of course I instantly reciprocated.

"I love you," she mumbled against my lips and I said the same back.

Camila rubbed herself against my crotch as she slid a little down my body so she could still be sitting but laying her upper body on me. I groaned at the contact and said, "Mila don't do that."

"Do what?" she cockily raised an eyebrow and bit her lip as she repeated her earlier motion.

"You know, we haven't had sex in a while." she suggestively smirked.

(A/N: AHH ITS SHORT I KNOW IM SORRY)

~~~

So I'm guessing smut in the next chapter?? I have a surprise for you guys but I don't know when it'll be done but I'm hoping I perfect it before showing it. Its nothing real big but hopefully its just... AMAZING. Sorry its been a while but I LOVE YOU💕