Chapter 9

Few days later...

My eyes shot open. I stared into the darkness. This was at least the fourth time I've woken up in the middle of the night. I sat up and rubbed the blurriness out of my eyes. Glancing over to my side, I saw Camila sleeping peacefully; her chest rising and falling slowly. I closed my eyes for a brief moment as I sighed. This was bad, so bad. My mind needed to be cleared.

Quietly, I slipped from under the sheets and walked over to the closet to grab a shirt and some pants. I put them on and grabbed my hoodie that was hanging on the doorknob. Before opening the door, I looked back at Camila seeing she was still fast asleep. I exited the room and shut the door quietly making sure Camila wouldn't be disturbed during her slumber. I silently weaved my way through the house and through the front door. I made sure to lock the door before leaving.

A smooth, cold breeze wafted through the air and rustled the trees. It wasn't too chilly but enough to keep my hands in my pockets and my hood over my head. To clear my mind, I needed to take a small stroll.

A few days ago Fifth Harmony had posted about Camila's leaving. It broke my heart to read it and acknowledge Camila was officially not going back and was no longer a part of the group. The day after Camila posted about it herself. Either way, I'd take both of their sides. I'm going to stand with all of them throughout this whole journey. Though, that's not the real reason I can't sleep or think straight. Dinah told me something that I would never—ever—want to hear.

Shawn was released from jail.

We don't know how or why but I guess maybe it has something to do with him continuing his music career. Of course Camila doesn't know. I don't want her to know, well, not yet. We're all worried sick but I'm trying to make sure she's safe. Dinah never told Camila herself because she was too afraid to speak to her. She didn't want to break down. So basically this is why I'm taking this walk and clearing my mind. I'm trying to keep things in line and keep Camila to where she just needs to mainly worry about her music.

I need to talk to Camila. Talk to her about Jacob to see what I can do, talk about Shawn, and maybe to see if she wants help from the girls. I noticed how far I had walked and decided to head back home. The air was still cold but it was warming up a little. I opened the door and shut it quietly just in case Camila was still asleep. I slipped off my hoodie and hung it over the coat rack.

A smile graced my lips as I could hear the faint sound of strings being plucked. I trekked up the stairs and over to the bedroom door. I stood there with my hand on the door knob just listening to her get frustrated then retry whatever strumming pattern she was doing. Finally, I stepped into the room. She didn't look up and just kept trying to do the strumming pattern. She groaned and tossed the guitar on the bed. She looked up at me with tired eyes.

"Where were you?" She asked. There was a little venom in her voice.

"I went on a walk," I replied gesturing to the door.

She averted her eyes away from mine. "Is there something wrong?" I sat down on the end of the bed.

"Nope," she said bluntly.

"Are you on your period?" I joked. (I hate when people ask you that when you're upset or something😒)

She glared at me obviously unamused. "What's wrong?" I scooted closer to her.

"Nothing's fucking wrong so stop asking," she spat.

I chuckled and grabbed the guitar. "I was kidding about the period thing. You're just frustrated about the guitar thing. Let me teach you." I said grabbing her wrist and pulling her closer.